Staff Nurse Maternity
Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC)
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Responsible to provides care to expectant mothers before, during and after childbirth. Most maternity nurses will focus on supporting women during the labor and delivery process – working at the patient’s side to monitor both mother and baby, and to encourage, coach, educate and support. Others may care for women who are experiencing complications before birth or provide postpartum (after delivery) care.
Education / Qualification Required:
- BS Degree in Nursing
- Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum Two (2) years of experience in Maternity with BS Degree
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in Maternity with Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- LPNs tend to play a supporting role in labor and delivery settings by monitoring vital signs, assisting with procedures and performing administrative tasks
- RNs are responsible for planning and delivering patient care in labor and delivery units, operating rooms and nurseries and are the backbone of most maternity units
- Advanced practice nurses (NPs, CNSs and CNMs) are found in many outpatient settings, including community health centers, obstetric medical offices and private practices. Many also work as educators, policy makers and researchers.
- Maternity nurses employed by hospitals typically work extended shifts that cover nights, weekends and holidays. They also spend some of their time “on call,” meaning they may be summoned to work on short notice.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.