Staff Nurse Medical ICU
Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC)
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Responsible for handle a wide array of medical conditions and can treat patients suffering from lung problems, gastrointestinal problems, and blood infections
Education / Qualification Required:
- BS Degree in Nursing
- Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum Two (2) years of experience in Medical Intensive Care Unit with BS Degree
- Minimum four (4) years of experience with Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that nursing and support team work flexibly and supportively together and that the objectives for the assigned area are delivered
- Serves as leadership model for staff
- Promotes interdisciplinary collaboration with outcomes aimed at the best interest of patients. Leads and demonstrates achievement in decreasing the length of stay / waiting time.
- Plans and ensures implementation and evaluation of patient education programs
- Evaluates patient acuity and develops and review criteria for work assignment and delivery care model
- Ensures that there is planned, effective, day-to-day skill mix and staff management. Determines and reviews staffing plans and develops a scheduling system for unit and reviews regularly as staffing, skills mix and acuity change.
- Acts as an advocate for patients and families. Identifies ideas that will improve the quality of patient care and issues that will negatively impact on patient care outcomes, using the professional practice framework. Participates through team working and collaborative partnerships in identifying and implementing solutions through evidence based practice or research to demonstrate improvements reflected in unit, divisional, organizational data and bench marks.
- Creates an environment that facilitates staff participation in the improvement of quality patient care in a transcultural environment. Records and evaluates activity against unit specific outcomes.
- Contributes to the development and delivery of Nursing Affairs objectives using a continuous improvement paradigm. Works creatively to achieve objectives by embracing new ways of working and taking the lead in the Change Management process when appropriate
- Leads collaborative multidisciplinary partnerships working towards the achievement of unit and department goals
- Develops evidence based nursing practice in collaboration with Assistant Head Nurse / Charge Nurse / Unit Council and Clinical Instructors / Clinical Nurse Coordinators. Promotes and maintain a culture within the clinical environment, which challenges and questions practice and promotes critical thinking amongst staff.
- Leads and demonstrates achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction as per unit goals
- Promotes and awareness of resource utilization and the associated financial implication. Leads and demonstrates achievement of cost efficiency on unit as per targets. Prepares annual budget and provides variance reports as required.
- Forecasts requirements for personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Promotes the effective orientation, precepting and support of new staff and students. Provides a welcoming work environment for new staff / nursing students and ensures appropriate preceptors are made available to assist with orientation. Monitors and tracks individual progress.
- Ensures ongoing individual performance appraisals are objectively completed for staff members against set criteria. Assists with action plans arising from these appraisals as necessary. Provides clear feedback to team members in a manner that is conductive to maintaining and improving performance. Counsels and / or disciplines staff when appropriate
- Supports the recruitment of staff on unit and encourages and promotes the retention of all staff
- Assists and supports staff in the identification, development, and implementation of their role according to his / her career development plan. Plans in collaboration with the Nursing Development and Saudization Program for the training and development of Saudi nursing students and graduates
- Leads and demonstrates achievement in meeting targets for Saudization and nationality mix in areas of responsibility, consistent with Nursing Affairs’ strategic plan
- Develops and sustains own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness, and maintain a professional profile. Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position
- Demonstrates excellent personal communication and teamwork. Establishes and maintain effective two-way communication channels with individuals and multidisciplinary team. Treats colleagues, patients and visitors with dignity and respect at all times. Ensures communication from Nursing Executive is communicated to all staff
- Applies problem solving techniques and evidence based practice to unit related issues
- Effectively manages the allocated resources including staff, supplies and equipment
- Contributes to the development and evaluation of hospital wide policies and procedures. Assists with organizational projects as requested including participating on nursing and . or interdisciplinary committees and task forces.
- Participates in Hospital wide Performance Improvement activities and develops unit Performance Plan
- Establishes and maintain effective administrative process on unit. Prepares quarterly reports and maintains records of activity and outcomes. Conducts unit meetings and maintains minutes.
- Produces training needs analysis and “succession plans” Supports Nursing research
- Participates in the development of IPPs
- Upholds the organizational values at all times
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development, as applicable, Performs other related duties as assigned.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.