Staff Nurse Operating Room
Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC)
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Responsible to provide safe patient and family focused quality care utilizing the nursing process, demonstrating leadership competencies while in charge or acting as shift resource/team leader. Contributes to the successful achievement of the Nursing Affairs strategic goals.
Education / Qualification Required:
- BS Degree in Nursing
- Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum Two (2) years of clinical experience in Operating Room
- Minimum four (4) years of experience with Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides total patient care as assigned according to the core standards of patient care and established policies and evidence based practices.
- Assumes accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care as well as discharge planning for each patient.
- Contributes to decreasing the length of stay/waiting time as per unit specific goal.
- Works in collaboration with Case Management to achieve goals.
- Documents all relevant information correctly, appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates transcultural principles in nursing practice.
- Participates in the promotion and maintenance of effective communication and teamwork.
- Treats colleagues, patients, and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
- Demonstrates collaborative multi disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care.
- Acts as an advocate for patients and families.
- Identifies ideas that will improve the quality of patient care and issues that will negatively impact on patient care outcomes, using the professional practice framework.
- Participates through team working and collaborative partnerships in identifying and implementing solutions through evidence based practice or research to demonstrate improvements reflected at unit level.
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk to Head Nurse or designee.
- Complies with policies for personal and patient safety and for the prevention of healthcare associated infections.
- Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/or reduction of supply inventory to Head Nurse or designee.
- Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings on unit.
- Maintains an awareness of resource utilization, exercising care in the ordering and use of staff, equipment and materials.
- Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction.
- Leads unit based Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Contributes to special projects/assignments linked to nursing strategic priorities and professional practice model.
- Participates in patient education programs.
- Develops and sustains own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness and maintains a professional profile. Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
- Assists in promoting and sharing knowledge via mentorship in line with relevant research and evidence based practice.
- Participates in new staff/nursing student orientation aimed at developing competence and performance. Assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of nursing students and new staff to develop their competence.
- Actively welcomes and provides support for new staff/students to the unit.
- Contributes to the retention of all staff to meet the unit specific turnover rate goal. Participates in retention activities.
- Serves on unit based and divisional councils as assigned/elected.
- Contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of unit activities.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of IPPs.
- Upholds the organizational values at all times.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.