Staff Nurse Operating Room – Bariatric
Responsible to provide high-quality care to employees of a company, residents of nursing homes, or patients in a hospital.
- BS Degree in Nursing or Equivalent from Accredited University obtained through personal attending study method (not distant learning or on-line study method)
- Minimum Two (2) years of experience on a OR Bariatric Unit
- Current and in good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate advanced nursing knowledge and clinical competence in the Staff Nurse area.
- Act as an advisor and resource person within the Staff Nurse area.
- Work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team within the remit of the Registered Nurse (RN) license, to provide advanced nursing care, including nurse led clinics.
- Act as an advisor and resource person for current evidence-based nursing practice information in the Staff Nurse area.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and collaboration skills with patients, their families and all members of the healthcare team.
- Function as a patient advocate.
- Maintain documentation and record keeping that verify activities according to department guidelines.
- Maintain confidentially of all records, reports and results related to the Staff Nurse area.
- Act as an expert educational resource for clinical staff and actively participate in teaching and mentoring of nursing, and multidisciplinary team in the Staff Nurse area.
- Participate in research activities and ensure dissemination of relevant researches and best practice guidelines.
- Assess patient/family educational needs and readiness to learn, and patient/family discharge planning needs utilizing appropriate resources.
- Demonstrate respect, compassion and cultural sensitivity to patients/families, other hospital employees, students and faculty.
- Advocate for excellence in patient care and patient rights.
- Lead and participate in the development of nursing initiatives or educational program that are aimed at improving patient quality and experience.
- Undertake clinical audit and clinical research that contribute to the development of knowledge and enhancement of nursing practice.
- Comply with and participate in Quality Improvement Projects and activities.
- Maintain infection control measures.
- Participate in the evaluation of systems and programs to maximize patient outcomes and cost effectiveness in the Staff Nurse area.
- Make recommendation for changes based on evidence-based practice and practice guidelines.
- Lead, develop and review policies, procedure, clinical practice guidelines and provide recommendations for system development.
- Serve as a professional role model, consultant and educator.
- Develop and utilize professional collegial networking, hospital employees, students and faculty.
- Assume responsibility for own actions, decisions and behaviors.
- Demonstrate initiative in the performance of duties requiring a minimum amount of supervision or guidance.
- Perform other job related duties.