Staff Nurse Stroke
Work with patients, perform administrative tasks and assist other medical professionals, like doctors and consultants
- BS Degree in Nursing or Equivalent from Accredited University obtained through personal attending study method (not distant learning or on-line study method)
- Minimum Two (2) years of experience on a StrokeUnit
- Current and in good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides total patient care as assigned according to the core standards of patient care and established policies and evidence-based practices.
- Assumes accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care as well as discharge planning for each patient
- Contributes to decreasing the length of stay/waiting time as per unit specific goal.
- Works in collaboration with Case Management to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates collaborative multi-disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care.
- Acts as an advocate for patients and families.
- Identifies ideas that will improve the quality of patient care and issues that will negatively affect patient care outcomes, using the professional practice framework.
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk to head nurse or designee.
- Complies with policies for personal and patient safety and for the prevention of healthcare associated infections.
- Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings on unit.
- Maintains an awareness of resource utilization, exercising care in the ordering and use of staff, equipment, and materials.
- Participates in new staff/nursing student orientation aimed at developing competence and performance.
- Assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of nursing students and new staff to develop their competence.