Strand Leader - Research, Technology and Innovation
Khalifa University Khalifa University
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Essential to this role is the desire to train a new generation of medical specialist, as well as contribute to world-class research that improves practice while delivering a service to the university, the community and the United Arab Emirates.
The responsibilities of faculty members shall be an appropriate combination of:
a) Dissemination of knowledge through undergraduate and / or graduate teaching; and
b) Research, scholarly or other creative activities; and
c) Academic service
- A degree in medicine (MD or MBBS) and/or a postgraduate degree (PhD) in an area relevant to the appointment.
- Demonstrable experience in teaching and mentorship at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Demonstrable abilities to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary and collegial team, well developed interpersonal skis and the ability to provide leadership and take the initiative.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience in teaching at a level that is relevant to the position and would have made contributions to research and/or scholarship and/or teaching and administrative services of an organizational unit (e.g. a centre, department).
Job Duties and Requirements
- The position calls for a leading authority in clinical research, technology and innovation with experience in curriculum management.
- Expected to have a made a substantive contribution to their discipline, and can show evidence of innovative curriculum development, a distinguished record of teaching, and proven academic leadership.
- Participate in the development of course outlines for all courses within the strand
- Collaborate with other strand leaders to ensure that all program objectives are met
- Track program objectives within the strand
- Ensure that courses within the strand have the educational resources (e.g. space, IT) to meet course objectives
- Work with the Assistant Dean for Medical Education to create the academic calendar and course calendars
- Ensure course syllabi are in compliance with institutional standards
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- Obtain student feedback and oversee course assessments within the strand
- Provide reports to the curriculum committee regarding course evaluations; advise the curriculum committee in all matters related to the strand
- Participate in the process of ensuring administration of quality assessment and evaluation tools
- Ensure timely submission of grades and evaluations from course directors
Research, Scholarly and Creative Activities:
- Engage in scholarly or creative activities in their area of expertise and makes results available for critical peer review.
- Deliver papers at professional association meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Participate in panels at regional and international meetings of professional organizations.
- Assist students with research efforts.
- Contribute to departmental, or University-wide working groups or committees as requested.
- Contribute to student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
- Foster service by contributing to the community at large in participatory, developmental or advisory capacity.
- Support and participate in student organization activities
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.