Supervisor Inpatient Physiotherapy
We are looking for hard-working & adventurous allied health who wish to advance their careers by joining overseas hospitals to gain international experience.
Responsible for supervises daily activities within an assigned area of rehabilitative services.
- Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy.
- Completed or in process of completing Master’s degree in Rehabilitation Services or in related clinical degree or in Healthcare field or management or administration field.
- Minimum Eight (8) years years relevant experience including minimum 2 years of demonstrated leadership.
- Experience in Critical Care & Burns Unit is a Must
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing support, teaching, specialist and highly specialist advice to other staff within the team on a planned and spontaneous basis. e.g. less experienced Therapists; Technicians/assistants, medical or work experience students on observational visits
- Ensuring all members of the team receive adequate clinical supervision as required for their professional and technical development
- Maintaining and assisting in the enforcement of up to date clinical and professional knowledge in order to provide a well developed level of informed professional knowledge, and according to organizational requirements (e.g. minimum of CPD /CME hours per year required for re licensing)
- Chairing on behalf of the department manager and attendance of meetings pertaining to the department or the multidisciplinary team. Meetings might be at the level of department or hospital
- Participating in the initiation and implementation of department and team wide projects
- Recommend service expansion or enhancement in line with the overall vision of the department/facility
- Assisting manager in setting up and managing a delegated budget, and being involved in the development and implementation of cost improvement schemes through service redesign, cash allocation and income generation schemes and ensure that service delivery is managed within financial and budgetary constraints.
- Assisting in managing department employees including objective setting, annual leave, supervision and reflective practice.
- Assisting in recruiting, inducting, training and appraising staff in accordance with SSMC policies and procedures
- Representing the service and/or individual patients at a multi disciplinary level to ensure delivery of coordinated multi disciplinary service
- Identifying opportunities to improve the service in order to provide the best patient care within resources available and make recommendations for change
- Being able to balance team, patient related and professional activities in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Promoting and maintaining quality in all services and ensure continuous quality improvement measures are in place. Conduct method evaluation/development as per standard policies and procedures.
- Complying and ensuring that those directly supervised comply with occupational health and safety at work policies and procedures.
- Taking a lead in development of clinical audit processes within the team and report on these as agreed. Supporting the promotion of audit and research programs on service implementation, in line with national policy, statutory requirements and service requirements within the facility.
- Taking a lead in the development and the implementation of local evidence based policies on matters relating to diagnosis and treatment, in response to local and national guidance.
- Ensures self and reporting staff members are aware and aligned with vision, mission, values, national licensing, organizational & departmental policies, clinical guidelines, mandatory competencies (e.g. Basic Life Support, Infection Control, Fire Safety, etc.) and SSMC compliance guidelines.
- Participating in department programs/committees, various hospital committees, and staff meetings.
- Participating in the orientation and training of new employees.
- Completing and maintaining all regulatory requirements including licensure and certification and other mandatory training within established time frames.
- The responsibilities stated above must not be considered to be exclusive of any duties which are not specifically stated. This employee will be expected to accept any other duties which are consistent with his/her qualifications, experience and ability, when requested to do so by his/her superiors.
- Maintain 70% clinical productivity.