Supervisor Interventional Radiology
The Radiology Department at Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for the role of Interventional Radiology Supervisor. The ideal candidate will share our commitment to upholding our core values and putting our patients first.
- BSc degree in Radiography or Graduate from an accredited Diploma course in Radiography not less than 3 year syllabus
- Masters (MSc) in a related field
- Not less than 6 years of post-qualification experience in an acute care hospital, (of which not less than 3 years as a Deputy/Senior Radiographer OR not less than 2 years as a Head of a Radiology Department)
- Familiar with latest developments in modern imaging modalities with wide practical experience.
- UAE National: Not less than 3 years relevant experience in an acute care hospital and not less than 1 years manager or supervisory or equivalent experience.
Current and in good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing skilled professional leadership and act as a role model for section/department employees.
- Assists in the development of a strategic vision for the section/department and produce a report for the facility on the service developments and future plans.
- Monitors the department service areas performance as well as staff performance.
- Co-ordinates and works with assigned team to provide an efficient and effective service.
- To be involved in the proposal and implementation of department policies and the annual business plan.
- Participates in the initiation and implementation of department wide projects.
- Oversees the wastage of materials by appropriate stock rotation .
- Performs all interventional procedures in accordance with department policies, procedures and protocols.
- Facilitates and supervises the safe and competent use of all radiology equipment, patient aids and accessories used in the department.
- Coordinates purchase of supplies and equipment. Schedules on-site demonstrations of equipment & assists in the selection of new equipment.
- Maintains and develops clinical audit processes within the service and report on these as agreed. Supporting the promotion of audit and research programs on service implementation, in line with national policy, statutory requirements and service requirements within the facility.
- Handles the financial aspect of the interventional radiology department by contributing to the annual budget review, tracking and calculating expenditures, noticing issues and troubleshooting these.
- Ensures all members of the department receive adequate clinical training and supervision as required for their professional and technical development.
- Ensure proper examination procedures in accordance with department policies, procedures and protocols.
- Maintains service levels by efficient scheduling of staff