Surgery Director of Nursing
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic and passionate candidate whom will be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care utilizing the nursing process and meeting the established standard of nursing practice and performance.
Responsible for overseeing the operational management, as well as providing direct leadership to other assigned programs and initiatives. Facilitates the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care. Utilizes performance improvement framework in planning, designing, monitoring and evaluating patient care and administrative activities across Nursing Affairs. Facilitates the successful achievement of the Nursing Affairs strategic goals.
- Masters of Science in Nursing/Midwifery built on Bachelor of Nursing degree (Both should be Classroom)
- Minimum of 5 years post nursing registration experience
- Experienced in Surgical units
- Including a minimum of 2 years experience managing people
- Current and in Good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Requirements
- Facilitates strategic and operational planning across Nursing Affairs
- Directs the development of plans, procedures and policies to efficiently and effectively manage clinical materials, equipment, supplies and the environment of care as per delegated authority. Facilitates the achievement of cost efficiency savings at divisional level
- Develops, coordinates, submits and monitors the annual Nursing Affairs budget. Oversees and directs the commissioning processes for new program and facilities expansions
- Facilitates the achievement of increasing the number of HMC Nurses and the retention of all staff to meet Nursing Affairs specific goals at divisional level. Develops reports, proposals and leads changes for modification and improvements to nursing manpower planning, personnel management and recruitment.
- Acts as an advocate for patients and families. Identifies ideas that will improve the quality of patient care and issues that will negatively impact patient care outcomes, using the professional practice framework. Participates through team working and collaborative partnerships in identifying and implementing solutions through evidence based practice or research to demonstrate improvement reflected in unit, divisional, organizational data and bench marks.
- Facilitates the achievement of decreasing the length of stay / waiting times at divisional level
- Facilitates the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction at divisional level
- Facilitates the achievement of successfully implementing clinical information systems at divisional level
- Participates in the promotion and maintenance of effective communication and teamwork. Treats colleagues, patients and visitors with dignity and respect at all times
- Contributes to the retention of all staff to meet Nursing Affairs turnover rate goal. Actively welcomes new staff to Nursing Affairs and participates in retention activities
- Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of all positions in assigned area against the primary purpose and strategic goals
- Provides leadership for Hospital –wide and Nursing Affairs special projects
- Develops and sustains documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with the post
- Participates in Self & Hospitals quality improvement plan preferred