Ultrasound Technologist / Sonographer
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Responsible for performing diagnostic sonographic imaging through the application of non-ionizing, high frequency sound waves for patients of all ages and maintaining safety at all times.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiography or Sonography from an accredited program
- OR if Degree is in Radiography, an additional one (1) year of post graduate training with a Diploma in Sonography/ Ultrasound
- Registration with one of the following professional boards:
- The American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- The American Registry of Radiological Technologists (AART)
- The Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologist (CAMRT)
- Health and Care Professional Council in UK (HCPC)
- Australian Sonographer Accreditation Registry (ASAR)
- Irish Health and Social Care Regulatory Body (CORU)
- New Zealand – Australian Society for Ultrasound in Medicine (ASUM
- Minimum of Two (2) years of post-graduate experience in Ultrasound, including experience in Abdominal (small parts), Gynecology, and basic Vascular.
- Experience in Obstetrics is a plus.
Current and clean license to practice as a Registered Nurse
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs ultrasound studies (Gynecology, abdominal, retroperitoneal and basic vascular).
- May ask for some Obstetrics studies.
- Consults with physician regarding patient’s medical history, and the selection of appropriate procedures and equipment, required for proper diagnosis.
- Prepares patient for exam and explains the procedure.
- Performs ultrasound exam, maintains appropriate records and completes financial information for each study.
- Assists radiologists with invasive exams and related procedures requiring sterile technique.
- Performs checks on ultrasound equipment to ensure proper functioning of equipment and notifies clinical engineers of any equipment malfunctions.
- Ensures that exam rooms are adequately supplied with linen and related medical supplies.
- Schedules emergency patients for diagnostic ultrasound procedures.
- Monitors all appointments scheduled for ultrasound exams during own duty time.
- Assists with clinical instruction of ultrasound students and residents.
- Assists in new investigational techniques, procedures and equipment.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.