Ultrasound Technologist / Sonographer
Responsible for performing diagnostic sonographic imaging through the application of non-ionizing, high frequency sound waves for patients of all ages and maintaining safety at all times.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Radiography or Sonography from an accredited program
- Registration with one of the following professional boards:
- The American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- The American Registry of Radiological Technologists (AART)
- The Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologist (CAMRT)
- Health and Care Professional Council in UK (HCPC)
- Australian Sonographer Accreditation Registry (ASAR)
- Irish Health and Social Care Regulatory Body (CORU)
- New Zealand – Australian Society for Ultrasound in Medicine (ASUM)
- Minimum of Two (2) years of post-graduate experience in Ultrasound, including experience in Abdominal (small parts), Gynecology, and basic Vascular.
- Strong Experience in Vascular Ultrasound to assist in the transplant program or strong experience in Breast Ultrasound is a must.
- Preferably mammogram experience.
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country or practice.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs ultrasound studies (Gynecology, abdominal, retroperitoneal and basic vascular).
- May ask for some Obstetrics studies.
- Consults with physician regarding patient’s medical history, and the selection of appropriate procedures and equipment, required for proper diagnosis.
- Prepares patient for exam and explains the procedure.
- Performs ultrasound exam, maintains appropriate records and completes financial information for each study.
- Assists radiologists with invasive exams and related procedures requiring sterile technique.
- Performs checks on ultrasound equipment to ensure proper functioning of equipment and notifies clinical engineers of any equipment malfunctions.
- Ensures that exam rooms are adequately supplied with linen and related medical supplies.
- Schedules emergency patients for diagnostic ultrasound procedures.
- Monitors all appointments scheduled for ultrasound exams during own duty time.
- Assists with clinical instruction of ultrasound students and residents.
- Assists in new investigational techniques, procedures and equipment.