Unit Manager OPD Maternal and Child Service
Responsible for monitoring direct and indirect patient care to achieve optimum patient outcome.
- Bachelor degree in nursing or equivalent qualification of NLT 3 years study
duration from an accredited program
- AND Valid/current national license
- AND BLS
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Management or Healthcare Administration is preferred
- Proficiency in Arabic Language
- Not less than (6) years of clinical experience
- Must have a minimum of (4) years’ experience as a Charge Nurse in the relevant area (MCH)
- Valid, current and clean national license to practice in country/state of origin
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides patient care within the regulatory body Scope of practice, organization
policies and procedures, and the Unit Scope of Service.
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for own practice and does not carry out
tasks beyond level of competence.
- Provides guidance to nursing staff in the planning, implementation and evaluation
of individualized patient care.
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary team activities to provide patient and family
- Demonstrates service excellence and acts as a patient advocate to support the
patients rights and dignity at all times
- Coordinates the patients’ flow within the multidisciplinary services
and utilizes available resources for the provision of comprehensive care to patients and families
- Responds to all levels of emergencies according to the unit and organizations policies and procedures
- Provides guidance and advice to patient care team on clinical and administrative
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem solving skills
- Solid clinical background and sound critical thinking skills
- Ability to lead and adapt to unpredictable situations within the work setting
- Promotes multidisciplinary teamwork between health care providers
- Committed to continuing professional development