Vascular Scientist Technician
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Responsible for performing vascular ultrasound studies on patients in the vascular laboratory, bedside or in the operating room; The vascular scientist must able to analyze complex hemodynamic and imaging information obtained during the scan as its performed to form a diagnosis. Adapt the scan or extend the scan based on observations and measurements taken during the scan and accurately record and report test results.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Graduate of an accredited vascular ultrasound program is required, such as SVT accredited vascular scientist or ARDMS registered vascular technologist or equivalent. (program must be a minimum of 2 years)
- OR Graduate of an approved graduate program leading to a degree in Radiography , plus 4 years post graduate experience in vascular ultrasound if no accreditation in vascular ultrasound has been obtained
Minimum of two (2) years post qualification of relevant experience is required
- Current and clean medical license to practice in country/state of origin
- Registration with vascular international credentialing, such as the Society of Vascular Technology of Great Britain and Ireland, American registry of diagnostic medical sonographers, or home country equivalent.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a range of vascular ultrasound exams according to CCAD protocols including :
- Lower limb venous duplex of deep and superficial system for varicose vein and DVT including iliac veins where required
- Lower limb arterial duplex to assess for PAD including iliac vessels where required
- Graft assessment
- ABPI and exercise testing
- Lower and upper limb venous mapping for vessel harvest
- Upper limb venous duplex of deep and superficial for DVT and thrombophelbitis
- Upper limb arterial duplex for PAD
- Upper limb arterial and venous mapping for dialysis fistula planning
- Dialysis fistula scan monitoring
- Carotid (with vertebral and subclavian artery) duplex scanning for screening and marking for CEA
- Carotid stent assessment
- AAA screening and when required iliac and popliteal artery aneurysm assessment
- EVAR follow up for leaks and patency
- Assist in the operating room for endovascular varicose vein treatment.
- Work as an independent practitioner; Have a good understanding of vascular pathologies and be able to analyze complex hemodynamic and imaging information obtained during the scan as its performed to form a diagnosis. Adapt the scan or extend the scan based on observations and measurements taken during the scan
- Write own reports and discuss findings with the physicians
- Recognize and be able to identify any technical limitations of the scan and request alternative imagining where appropriate
- Recognize pathologies that need immediate medical or surgical management and be able to flag such cases as a matter of urgency
- Manage own work load and be able to ensure that inpatients are accommodated into the daily schedule. Have the ability to prioritize, referring to lead if there are caseload difficulties
- Deal with patient and relatives concerns and put them at ease
- Work alongside side other members of the vascular and the extended team and support the work of the organization.
- Follow appropriate billing for procedures
- Cleans the probes and machine along with patient furniture according to lab guidelines and CCAD infection control policy
- Assists staff physicians and fellows in research projects and data entry
- Teach theory, instrumentation and interpretation to sonographers, fellows and visitors
- Interacts with ultrasound vendors to evaluate new company products
- Ensure the safe use of the ultrasound and other equipment. Performs minor maintenance of equipment and contact vendors when problems arise
- Ensures that room is cleaned and stocked
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.