Program Director Nursing
Accountable and responsible for the provision of professional leadership in the development, implementation, and monitoring of strategies that ensures collaborative working practices at program level.
Education / Qualification Required:
- PhD, Master’s, or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is required.
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
- Five (5) years of nursing experience
- Three (3) years at a managerial/supervisory position with PhD,
- Eight (8) years with Master’s Degree,
- OR Ten with Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Current Registered Nurse license from country of origin required
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides advanced leadership direction to employees within assigned area of responsibility.
- Monitors the performance and development of employees within assigned area of responsibility.
- Collaborates/Liaises with key stakeholders to achieve clinical, financial, and quality objectives within assigned areas to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards of medical care laid down by the Hospital.
- Establishes and achieves targets for Saudization and nationality mix in areas of responsibility, which consists with strategic plan of Nursing Affairs (NA).
- Leads and coordinates collaborative multi-disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care.
- Promotes quality across program area. Monitors quality and takes effective action to address quality issues with the main stakeholders. Follows up when necessary.
- Supports the development, implementation, and evaluation of NA’s annual strategic plan. Works in partnership with Head Nurses to define and clarify the strategic direction.
- Directs program area in the achievement of strategic goals. Evaluates utilization of resources and redirects as required.
- Works closely with physicians and other discipline counterparts to ensure services are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Directs and coordinates the achievement of the implementation of clinical information systems at program level.
- Supports and contributes to Nursing Research and provides recommendations.
- Oversees and evaluates the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction and Performance Improvement activities.
- Directs the implementation of special projects/assignments related to nursing strategic priorities and professional practice model.
- Leads and coordinates special projects/assignments linked to nursing strategic priorities and professional practice model.
- Leads and coordinates new staff/students to program area. Promotes orientation of staff/nursing students to develop their competencies. Promotes a safety culture across assigned area.
- Develops and sustains knowledge, clinical skills, and professional awareness and maintains a professional profile. Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
- Contributes in promoting and sharing knowledge via mentorship in line with relevant research and evidence-based practices.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of positions in assigned area against the primary purpose and strategic goals. Participates in the development and evaluation of Internal Policies and Procedures (IPPs).
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and others’ education, training and development as applicable.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.