King Abdulaziz Medical City
King Abdulaziz Medical City (KAMC) are located in Riyadh, Jeddah, Al-Hassa, Dammam & Madinah. These hospitals deliver high quality primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary health care services to Saudi Arabian National Guard (SANG) personnel, civilian employees & their dependents. It facilitates offer an excellent learning environment and continuous professional development opportunities. SANG hospitals employ approximately 40% Western qualified medical staff and are operated to Western standards.
The facility in Riyadh, was inaugurated in 1982 and is considered one of the most comprehensive healthcare medical cities in Saudi Arabia. With a 1500-bed capacity, new state-of-the art developments such as the Cardiac and Liver Center as well as 11 Departments & 11 Specialized Services; these hospitals are fully equipped with highly sophisticated technology.
Departments & Services
- Dental Services
- Intensive Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Hepatobiliary Sciences
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pathology and Laboratory
- Pediatric Anesthesia
- Medical Imaging
- Pediatric Surgery
- Pediatric Hematology Oncology
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Adult Mental Health
- Genetics & Precision Medicine
- Child and Adolescent Psychology & Behavioral Science
- King Abdulaziz Cardiac Center
- Organ Transplant Center
Thinking about working at this hospital? For employment details, check out each topic information below
- All SANG Hospital facilities are JCIA accredited
- Selected by WHO to be a World Health Organization Collaborating Center for Infection Prevention and Control
- Performed the first Berlin LVAD mechanical heart implantation by King Abdulaziz Cardiac Center. The first implant procedure using this device at MNGHA and in the entire Middle East.
- The standard work week at National Guard is 42.5 hours per week.
- 5 Days per week / The number of hours in a shift vary somewhat from department to department but generally do not exceed 10 hours
- The standard work week in Saudi Arabia is Sunday through Thursday
- Uniforms are provided on arrival.
- Uniforms consist of white trousers and tunic top for females, and white trousers and a jacket for males.
- Duty shoes are not provided and should be purchased by the employee.
- Free housing accommodation is provided
- Known for its spacious and high-quality housing, employees at KFH (and their dependents if applicable) will be assigned to one of two housing projects: Medical City or Medical City Extension. Both housing projects have comparable facilities and are but a few minutes from the hospital
- Housing accommodation is situated in a compound inside the hospital premises.
- It consists of duplex villas and building apartments with 2-4 bedrooms.
- All units are fully furnished for the employees’ convenience
- Utilities such as electricity, water and gas cooking are free and paid-provided by NG for all employees. ¸Cable TV is also provided.
- Taxi / Limousine services are provided at fixed rates.
- Employee accommodations are adjacent to the hospital and are equipped with excellent recreational facilities, including an Olympic-sized swimming pool, tennis courts, gymnasium, and weight rooms. The compound is fully secured with 24 hours security by the military personnel*
- Restaurants, Cafes, supermarkets, shopping malls libraries, hairdressing salons & services are all readily accessible*
- There are a wide range of restaurants in the cities; serving traditional Lebanese, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, etc (including popular Western fare eg McDonalds and Starbucks)*
- Organized camping trips to local scenic areas and places of interest take place at regular intervals and it is possible to join others from the hospital on short trips to neighbouring countries such as Egypt, Yemen and Jordan*
- For children of eligible staff there is childcare for pre-school infants as well as a primary school providing a British based education system*
- There are a wide range of activities available for the athletic, adventurous or nature lover
- Many social events organized by expatriates within their given compounds and the local Embassies also provide many major social events, including Cultural events and Sports Nights
*Facilities may vary per hospital
- Contracts start with a one (1) year period and renewable thereafter annually by both party agreement
- Tax Free Income
- Forty-Five (45) calendar days per service year paid vacation
- Medical Insurance coverage for all self and family (when offered Married Status Contract)
- Mobilization ticket for self and family (when offered Married Status Contract). Economy class tickets
- Ticket to return to point of hire at the end of your contract – Economy class
- Annual ticket to point of hire (can use to other destinations) for self and family (when offered Married Status Contract), Economy Class
- Suitable housing provided, depending on position, married status, availability and etc, or housing allowance in lieu.
- Transportation to hospital site when living at hospital’s provided accommodation, or transportation allowance in lieu when living out of hospital’s accommodation.
- One month pay bonus when renewing contract.
- End of service indemnity (as per country labor laws). Two weeks pay for each year completed in first 5 years of service with this hospital, then one month pay for each year served. To be collected when agreement terminated with the hospital
- Continues Medical Education for Physicians. Seven (7) Days every year to attend events (not taken out of vacation time) in addition to payment certain amount of money to assist cover events cost and tickets
- Children’s education allowance (when offered Married Status Contract) to assist in offsetting cost for children’s schooling. It’s a set amount for up to 3 children (depending on grade) age between 5 to 18 years old, when living with parents in the country.
- Contracts offered on Married Status for Physicians (can bring long spouse and up to 3 children under the age of 18 years).
- Contracts offered on Single Status for Nurses (can not bring along any family member)
Contracts offered on Single Status or Married Status for Allied Health staff, depending on grade
Sounds like a right match?
Check out the available job opportunities for this hospital. Submit your resume today!