King Abdullah Specialist Children's Hospital - Jeddah
National Guard Health Affairs
King Abdullah Specialized Children’s Hospital (KASCH) is The LEED-certified ten-story hospital, spanning 100,249 m², features 346 beds, the Kingdom’s first and most advanced hospital providing tertiary pediatric care. Opened in 2014, KASCH provides a wide range of healthcare services tailored to the unique needs of pediatric patients, including medical, surgical, and diagnostic services for children. Using pioneering, cutting-edge technology and lifesaving treatment to offer services such as pediatric surgery, neonatology, pediatric intensive care, pediatric cardiology, and various other pediatric subspecialties.Bringing together a multidisciplinary team of physicians, caregivers, and support staff, KASCH offers a variety of integrated, disease-focused services that encompass the entire continuum of cancer care, from prevention to diagnosis to treatment to survivorship.
King Abdullah Specialist Children’s Hospital is part of the King Abdulaziz Medical City compound, located in Jeddah, the largest port city in Makkah Province and the commercial center of Saudi Arabia with a population of over 4.6 million.
Departments & Services
- Pediatric Allergy and Immunology
- Pediatric Cardiovascular ICU
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric Infectious Disease
- Pediatric Metabolic
- Pediatric Neonatology
- Pediatric Neurophysiology
- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Pediatric Anesthesia
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Pediatric Urology
- Pediatric Vascular Surgery
- Pediatric Pathology
- Pediatric Radiology
Thinking about working at this hospital? For employment details, check out each topic information below
- KASCH is part of the Ministry of National Guard Health Affairs (MNGHA), a government organization responsible for providing healthcare services to members of the National Guard and their families.
- The standard work week at National Guard is 42.5 hours per week.
- 5 days per week / The number of hours in a shift vary somewhat from department to department but generally do not exceed 10 hours
- The standard work week in Saudi Arabia is Sunday through Thursday
- Uniforms are provided on arrival.
- Uniforms consist of white trousers and a tunic top for females, and white trousers and a jacket for males.
- Duty shoes are not provided and should be purchased by the employee.
- Free housing accommodation is provided
- Known for its spacious and high-quality housing, employees at KFH (and their dependents if applicable) will be assigned to one of two housing projects: Medical City or Medical City Extension. Both housing projects have comparable facilities and are but a few minutes from the hospital
- Housing accommodation is situated in a compound inside the hospital premises.
- It consists of duplex villas and building apartments with 2-4 bedrooms.
- All units are fully furnished for the employees’ convenience
- Utilities such as electricity, water and gas cooking are free and paid-provided by NG for all employees. ¸Cable TV is also provided.
- Taxi / Limousine services are provided at fixed rates.
- Employee accommodations are adjacent to the hospital and are equipped with excellent recreational facilities, including an Olympic-sized swimming pool, tennis courts, gymnasium, and weight rooms. The compound is fully secured with 24 hours security by the military personnel*
- Restaurants, Cafes, supermarkets, shopping malls libraries, hairdressing salons & services are all readily accessible*
- There are a wide range of restaurants in the cities; serving traditional Lebanese, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, etc (including popular Western fare eg McDonalds and Starbucks)*
- Organized camping trips to local scenic areas and places of interest take place at regular intervals and it is possible to join others from the hospital on short trips to neighbouring countries such as Egypt, Yemen and Jordan*
- For children of eligible staff there is childcare for pre-school infants as well as a primary school providing a British based education system*
- There are a wide range of activities available for the athletic, adventurous or nature lover
- Many social events organized by expatriates within their given compounds and the local Embassies also provide many major social events, including Cultural events and Sports Nights
*Facilities may vary per hospital
- Contracts start with a one (1) year period and renewable thereafter annually by both party agreement
- Tax Free Income
- Forty-Five (45) calendar days per service year paid vacation
- Medical Insurance coverage for all self and family (when offered Married Status Contract)
- Mobilization ticket for self and family (when offered Married Status Contract). Economy class tickets
- Ticket to return to point of hire at the end of your contract – Economy class
- Annual ticket to point of hire (can use to other destinations) for self and family (when offered Married Status Contract), Economy Class
- Suitable housing provided, depending on position, married status, availability and etc, or housing allowance in lieu.
- Transportation to hospital site when living at hospital’s provided accommodation, or transportation allowance in lieu when living out of hospital’s accommodation.
- One month pay bonus when renewing contract.
- End of service indemnity (as per country labor laws). Two weeks pay for each year completed in first 5 years of service with this hospital, then one month pay for each year served. To be collected when agreement terminated with the hospital
- Continues Medical Education for Physicians. Seven (7) Days every year to attend events (not taken out of vacation time) in addition to payment certain amount of money to assist cover events cost and tickets
- Children’s education allowance (when offered Married Status Contract) to assist in offsetting cost for children’s schooling. It’s a set amount for up to 3 children (depending on grade) age between 5 to 18 years old, when living with parents in the country.
- Contracts offered on Married Status for Physicians (can bring long spouse and up to 3 children under the age of 18 years).
- Contracts offered on Single Status for Nurses (can not bring along any family member)
Contracts offered on Single Status or Married Status for Allied Health staff, depending on grade
Sounds like a right match?
Check out the available job opportunities for this hospital. Submit your resume today!