King Faisal Specialist and Research Center
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre (Gen. Org.), Jeddah (KFSH&RC-J) is an internationally recognized tertiary health care organization, with a long tradition of quality patient care. A 500-bed tertiary specialist hospital. Is one of three campuses of the best ranked tertiary acute care facilities (Gen.Org)
The facility was originally built as a private hospital in the 1990s until it was purchased by the Saudi government, and began offering public services in March 2000, due to the generous gift of The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Fahad Bin Abdul Aziz. It was his wish to provide outstanding medical services to the people of the Western region.
This care facility – Jeddah has grown to becoming one of the leading Healthcare Providers in the Middle East. Currently is undergoing a significant expansion, with the construction and commissioning of a new medical city located north of Jeddah, near the airport. The phase one of this new hospital will open in late 2021 or 2022, with over 1,000 beds including 152 ICU beds and 30 operating rooms. The new complex will also include brand new housing for staff.
Jeddah has preserved some of the old architecture in the heart of the city, while building wonderful, classic villas and modern high-rise towers. The city is rich in restaurants with cuisine from all cultures and in all price ranges.
Departments & Services
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Nutrition Services
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Care Services
- Pharmaceutical Care Services
- Nursing Services
- Research Center
Thinking about working at this hospital? For employment details, check out each topic information below
- This hospital holds Joint Commission International Accreditation (JCI) status and Magnet status via the American ANCC.
- Ranked #1 in the Region Tertiary Acute Care Facility, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Working hours varies per department (average) 44 hours per week.
- Saudi Arabia now enjoys a Sunday to Thursday work week, with Friday and Saturday its official weekend.
- Usually, the hospital will provide candidates a white outfit, but they are permitted to wear colorful shirts
- The trousers should always be white.
- Candidates need to bring their own shoes for work. They need to be light colored but not necessarily white.
- Suitable furnished accommodation will be provided, or a housing allowance is normally paid
- Employees who are receiving the housing allowance are paid a local transportation allowance to defray all or a portion of the expenses associated with personal transportation
- Housing assignments are divided by single women, single men & family
- Housing for single women is located on site, single men is nearby. For family accommodation located both on and off site nearby
- Free fully furnished western-standard housing accommodation
- Free-to-air channels
- Most complexes include amenities. like: Swimming pool, gym etc.
- Amenities found in the compound are recreation centre with various types of sports and game facilities, swimming pool, play fields and courts, a shopping centre which consists of a grocery
- Stores, gift shop and jewelry shop.
- Tennis, Squash, Basketball and Volleyball Courts
- Swimming Pool – heated in some of the housing units
- State-of-the-art Gymnasium with personalized trainer, if required. Access to the gymnasium is through subscription to the access control system, so it is private.
- Personalized Training Program for athletics
- Fitness and wellness programs
- Organized trips through the Employee Social Club.
- Annual Exhibitions & Bazaars.
- Pilgrimages (for Muslims).
- Community Halls available for hire to all Hospital employees for private functions.
- Contracts start with a two (2) years period and renewable thereafter annually by both party agreement (You can ask for a one-year contract, if it’s your preference)
- Tax Fee Income
- Sign-on Bonus for some difficult to find positions (Nurses and Allied Health Staff)
- Medical Insurance coverage for all self and family (when offered Married Status Contract)
- Fifty-four (54) calendar days per service year paid vacation
- Mobilization ticket for self and family (when offered Married Status Contract)
- Ticket to return to point of hire at the end of your contract
- Annual ticket to point of hire (can use to other destinations) for self and family (when offered Married Status Contract)
- Suitable housing provided, depending on position, married status, availability and etc, or housing allowance in lieu.
- Transportation to hospital site when living at hospital’s provided accommodation, or transportation allowance in lieu when living out of hospital’s accommodation.
- One month pay at the end of each contract period served. First contract (24 months), you get paid 25 months. Thereafter, each 12 months contract you get paid 13 months.
- End of service indemnity (as per country labor laws). Two weeks pay for each year completed in first 5 years of service with this hospital, then one month pay for each year served. To be collected when agreement terminated with the hospital
- Continues Medical Education for Physicians. Ten (10) Days every year to attend events (not taken out of vacation time) in addition to payment certain amount of money to assist cover events cost and tickets
- Children’s education allowance (when offered Married Status Contract) to assist in offsetting cost for children’s schooling. It’s a set amount for up to 3 to 4 children (depending on grade) age between 5 to 18 years old, when living with parents in the country. If children living abroad and parents in KSA, they will receive also, education allowance
- Contracts offered on Married Status for Physicians (can bring long spouse and up to 4 children under the age of 18 years).
- Contracts offered on Single Status for Nurses (can not bring along any family member)
- Contracts offered on Single Status or Married Status for some Allied Health staff, depending on grade.
Sounds like a right match?
Check out the available job opportunities for this hospital. Submit your resume today!