King Abdullah Center for Cancer and Liver Diseases
The King Abdullah Center for Oncology and Liver Diseases is a concrete building with structural glass elevation having a total area of 83,750 m² and consisting of 23 floors (21+2 basement levels). It has 303 beds which will increase the service capacity at KSH&RC for cancer and liver disease patients. The adjacent 19,210 m² underground parking garage accommodates 450 cars.
The project was partially handed over on 31 Dec 2016 and is now fully operational.
King Abdullah Center for Oncology and Liver Disease is a part of King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre’s main building in Riyadh. Located in the city centre of Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia with a population of over 7.6 million. Located in central Najd Province; it is the host city to all foreign Embassies.
Departments & Services
- Radiation Therapy
- Radiation Oncology
- Discharge lounge
- Surgery Endoscopy
- Endoscopy Suite
- An Infusion Center
- Radiology Imaging
- Medical Oncology
- Surgical Oncology
- Nursing Unites
- BMT and Hematology
Thinking about working at this hospital? For employment details, check out each topic information below
- Ranked #1 in the Middle East region
- Ranked in Top 5% of Global Medical Centres in Annual Stem Cell Transplants
- Ranked in Top 10% of Distinct World Cardiac Centers
- Holds a total of 19 accreditations including Joint Commission International Accreditation (JCI) status and Magnet Status via the American ANCC
- Recipient of 5 awards including Global Health Exchange Award and Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- First health sector organization worldwide to receive accreditation for their emergency management program in disaster management in Riyadh
- Working at this flagship of the region hospitals is a great opportunity to practice medicine as medicine is meant to be. A wide range of specialties and subspecialties at KFSH&RC provide
- Working hours varies per department (average) 44 hours per week.
- 5 days a week / The number of hours in a shift varies somewhat from department to department but generally does not exceed 10 hours
- Saudi Arabia now enjoys a Sunday to Thursday work week, with Friday and Saturday its official weekend
- Usually, the hospital will provide candidates a white outfit, but they are permitted to wear colorful shirts
- The trousers should always be white.
- Candidates need to bring their own shoes for work. They need to be light colored but not necessarily white.
- Suitable furnished accommodation will be provided, or a housing allowance is normally paid
- Employees who are receiving the housing allowance are paid a local transportation allowance to defray all or a portion of the expenses associated with personal transportation
- Housing assignments are divided by single women, single men & family
- Housing for single women is located on site, single men is nearby. For family accommodation located both on and off site nearby
- Free fully furnished western-standard housing accommodation
- Free-to-air channels
- Most complexes include amenities. like: Swimming pool, gym and etc.
- The Amenities Center has the employee social club, restaurant and snack bar, gift shop, mini market, coffee shop, ice cream, donuts shop, electronic shop, souvenir shop, beauty shop & ladies’ boutique, car rental, Gym, basketball and tennis courts, children’s play area, and a swimming pool.
- Tennis, Squash, Basketball and Volleyball Courts (in the pipeline – Badminton Courts)
- Swimming Pool – heated in some of the housing units
- State-of-the-art Gymnasium with personalized trainer, if required. Access to the gymnasium is through subscription to the access control system, so it is private.
- Personalized Training Program for Tennis, Swimming, Zumba, Badminton, Taekwondo.
- Fitness and wellness program like Upper & Lower Body Solution, Power House Pilates, Fusion, Yoga, etc.
- Recreational visits to the Red Sand Dunes, Riyadh Tour, Edge of the World, Camel Souq, Overnight Camping, Horseback Riding, etc.
- Organized trips through the Employee Social Club.
- Annual Exhibitions & Bazaars.
- Pilgrimages (for Muslims).
- Community Halls available for hire to all Hospital employees for private functions
- Al Thomamah Park Tents for rental during the winter months October – April.
- Contracts start with a two (2) years period and renewable thereafter annually by both party agreement (You can ask for a one-year contract, if it’s your preference)
- Tax Free Income
- Sign-on Bonus for some difficult to find positions (Nurses and Allied Health Staff)
- Fifty-four (54) calendar days per service year paid vacation
- Medical Insurance coverage for all self and family (when offered Married Status Contract)
- Mobilization ticket for self and family (when offered Married Status Contract)
- Ticket to return to point of hire at the end of your contract
- Annual ticket to point of hire (can use to other destinations) for self and family (when offered Married Status Contract)
- Suitable housing provided, depending on position, married status, availability and etc, or housing allowance in lieu.
- Transportation to hospital site when living at hospital’s provided accommodation, or transportation allowance in lieu when living out of hospital’s accommodation.
- One month pay at the end of each contract period served. First contract (24 months), you get paid 25 months. Thereafter, each 12 months contract you get paid 13 months.
- End of service indemnity (as per country labor laws). Two weeks pay for each year completed in first 5 years of service with this hospital, then one month pay for each year served. To be collected when agreement terminated with the hospital
- Continues Medical Education for Physicians. Ten (10) Days every year to attend events (not taken out of vacation time) in addition to payment certain amount of money to assist cover events cost and tickets
- Children’s education allowance (when offered Married Status Contract) to assist in offsetting cost for children’s schooling. It’s a set amount for up to 3 to 4 children (depending on grade) age between 5 to 18 years old, when living with parents in the country. If children living abroad and parents in KSA, they will receive also, education allowance
- Contracts offered on Married Status for Physicians (can bring long spouse and up to 4 children under the age of 18 years).
- Contracts offered on Single Status for Nurses (can not bring along any family member)
- Contracts offered on Single Status or Married Status for Allied Health staff, depending on grade
Sounds like a right match?
Check out the available job opportunities for this hospital. Submit your resume today!