Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi (CCAD) is a physician-lead medical institution served by North American board-certified (or equivalent) physicians. The hospital is the result of an agreement signed in 2006 between Mubadala Investment Company and US-based Cleveland Clinic, with a mission to offer patients in the UAE and the wider region access to world-class care that is closer to home. Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is an unparalleled extension of US-based Cleveland Clinic’s patient-centered model of care, combining state-of-the-art amenities with the best global clinical practices to deliver exceptional patient care.
With 364 beds & 26 operating rooms, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is composed of 14 institutes designed to put Patients First and align with the region’s specific healthcare needs. In all, more than 40 medical and surgical specialties & 59 subspecialties are represented at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi and are integrated to offer coordinated, multidisciplinary care for patients.
Every aspect of CCAD has been developed with the patient in mind, providing a seamless end-to-end patient experience. From family-friendly waiting areas and uplifting surroundings, every step of the patient journey has been designed to cater to regional and cultural expectations. All these factors play a critical role in the road to recovery and help promote a positive mind-body connection.
The hospital acts as a catalyst for medical innovation and follows the highest international standards of quality and patient safety across all its operations. It is officially designated and licensed by the Department of Health as a research and teaching facility and is working to become a pioneering academic medical center for the whole region.
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi continues to expand its partnerships with insurance providers, as well as its inclusive appointment service, to offer more patients access to the hospital’s globally recognized model of care.
Departments & Services
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi’s service lines are organized into 14 institutes. An Institute is a group of medical and surgical specialty physicians, organized around a particular disease process to collaboratively address patient needs.
- Heart & Vascular*
- Digestive Disease*
- Respiratory & Critical Care*
- Medical Subspecialties
- Surgical Subspecialties
- Emergency Medicine
- Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Quality & Patient Safety
- Clinical & Nursing
- Medical and Surgical Specialties (30+)
*Denotes Centers of Excellence
Thinking about working at this hospital? For employment details, check out each topic information below
- Ranked ‘5 Diamonds – outstanding’ for its effective and timely care for patients, staff satisfaction and drive for innovation in its Abu Dhabi Healthcare Quality index – by DOH – Department of Health Abu Dhabi
- Ranked in top 5 hospitals in UAE by UAE Insure
- Part of Mubadala’s network of world-class healthcare providers
- As of July 2018, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi was awarded institutional accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education International (ACGME-I)
- Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi earned Magnet® accreditation in 2019, and is the first hospital in the UAE, and the ‘youngest’ ever to receive the internationally recognized credential of excellence in healthcare.
- Working hours varies per department (average) 40 hours per week.
- 5 days a week / The number of hours in a shift varies somewhat from department to department but generally do not exceed 10 hours
- United Arab Emirates now enjoys a Monday to Friday work week, with Saturday and Sunday its official weekend
- Usually, the hospital will provide candidates a white outfit, but they are permitted to wear colorful shirts
- The trousers should always be white.
- Candidates need to bring their own shoes for work. They need to be light colored but not necessarily white.
The hospital will provide an allowance to rent your own accommodation
- From family-friendly waiting areas and to wholesome culinary offerings and comfortable patient rooms
- A range of dining and retail outlets for your convenience, all located within the hospital including Cafes, a Beauty Center, a Flower Shop, Tourism & travel Services & Pharmacy
- More than 3,100 parking spaces, with both self-service and valet parking available for patients and visitors.
- Rosewood Abu Dhabi, conveniently located adjacent to Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi (connected by dedicated corridor) is an ideal lodging option for family and friends
- A total of 26 men’s and women’s prayer rooms and ablution (wudu) facilities are located across the Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi medical campus and are accessible 24/7
- Nearby: The Galleria Shopping Mall, Retail Sores, Fitness Centre, Arcade, Family Park & Restaurants
- Contract, unlimited period
- Tax Free Income
- Single Status contract for Staff Nurses. Senior Nursing positions and Senior Allied Health positions may be offered on Married Status
- Airfare Ticket at beginning and end of contract
- Annual Ticket to return to point of hire or to travel anywhere (received as airfare allowance)
- Housing allowance (included in monthly income)
- Settling in Allowance
- Health Insurance
- Vacation 25 working days / year
- End of service award, one month base salary pay for each year completed (collected upon end of contract with facility)
Sounds like a right match?
Check out the available job opportunities for this hospital. Submit your resume today!