Nursing Shift Coordinator Speciality A
Within the mission, vision and values of PMBAH Al Madinah responsible for acting as the representative for Nursing Administration on evening shifts and week-ends in conducting assessment and coordination on patient flow and treatment with the available nursing, medical or other hospital staff; ensuring continuity of high quality nursing care is provided to patients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of 6 years current clinical nursing experience
Current and in good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide patient care activities to be within established hospital, divisional and unit specific guidelines, policies and procedures, standards and protocols.
- Guide patient placement according to patient acuity, nursing skills and resources availability.
- Demonstrate initiative in the performance of duties.
- Maintain high visibility (100% clinical presence) with staff/patients on area (s) of responsibility
- Take direct and appropriate action in urgent and emergency situation
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills when interacting with patients/families, other health care team members and members of other departments.
- Maintain awareness of and support hospital and divisional fiscal and other resource initiatives.
- Coordinate staff to ensure adequate nursing and resources for patient care. Initiate the problem solving process and utilizes the nursing/medical administrative chain of command as required.
- Participate actively in nursing and/or hospital committees and work groups.
- Liaise with other department to secure appropriate care of patients.
- Inform responsible nursing management in the specific area of all patient/unit issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain all records pertaining to the operation of the area of assignment and generate reports as required.
- Act as a resource for nursing staff. Participate in teaching and mentoring of Nursing, Medical and Paramedical students, Interns and Residents.
- Advocate for excellence in patient care. Demonstrate initiative in the performance of duties.
- Conduct and assess patient/family educational needs, readiness and discharge planning needs utilizing appropriate resources.
- Assess the standards of care delivered on units and the staff’s clinical knowledge and skills.
- Takes immediate corrective action if required and report findings to nursing officials in the specific area in a timely manner.
- Ensure full compliance with all hospital infection control and safety protocols.
- Comply with and participate in quality improvement processes and activities.
- Serve as a professional role model, teacher, and resource person.
- Demonstrate respect, compassion and cultural sensitivity to patients/families, other hospital employees, students and faculty.
- Develop and utilize professional collegial networking.
- Anticipate and act to maintain a safe environment.
- Assume responsibility for own professional growth, decisions and actions.
- Perform other job related duties.