Staff Nurse Perioperative
Responsible for assisting in management of assigned nursing unit. Supervises comprehensive nursing care to comply with established standards. Supports and uphold objectives of unit, Nursing and Hospital Administration. Acts as Head Nurse in absence of incumbent. Meets established standards.
Education / Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- BLS is required
- ACLS, PALS relevant to area of specialty is preferred
Experience Post Qualifications:
Minimum (2) two years post graduate experience in Perioperative Nursing Specialty Area
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides total patient care assigned.
- Observes and evaluates nursing care effectiveness on shift.
- Adjust assignments based on patient acuity
- Implements new methodologies.
- Contributes to motivation for staff for the enhancement of patient care in a transcultural environment
- Participates on in unit orientation for new employees.
- Assists and supports staff in the identification, development and implementation of his or her role in the unit
- Serves as clinical and behavioral model for staff
- Resolves unit related matters, including advising and counselling staff; refers to Head Nurse or Nursing Administrative designate as appropriate
- Assists in preparation of performance evaluations.
- Participates in the provision of in-service and or continuing education for the staff
- Participates in Nursing and or Hospital=wide committees
- Implements policies and procedures for the unit;
- Contributes to writing, reviewing and or reviving annually
- Prepares reports and maintains records.
- Conducts unit meetings and maintains minutes as assigned
- Maintains supply inventory. Reports equipment failures and initiates maintenance action
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development as applicable
- Performs other related duties as assigned