King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre Overview
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre (KFSH&RC) is a state of the art tertiary medical and research facility serving the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the surrounding region and occupies a unique status locally, regionally, and internationally. The three medical centres comprising KFSH&RC include the main campus in Riyadh, the Jeddah campus, and King Fahad National Centre for Children’s Cancer in Riyadh. The Hospital has gained a worldwide reputation for its dedication to advancing medical science and research, and has established collaborative relationships with internationally recognized institutions.
From the development of their healthcare professionals, to advancements in their medical technology, KFSH&RC displays a commitment to improving the quality of the healthcare they provide.
- As of 2018, KFSH&RC and Mayo Medical Laboratories have collaborated to improve efficiency in patient services. Using interface technology, the hospital will be able to send and receive patient information directly to and from Mayo Clinic Labs. This collaboration will result in faster test results and more timely treatments.
- Advocates of Professional Development, KFSH&RC offers various programs to enhance practitioner skills, including allied health programs, life support training, basic skills enhancement, practical training, and staff development programs.
- In 2015, Jeddah achieved 187 renal transplants, the highest recorded number of renal transplants in the country.
- In 2015, Riyadh performed 35 heart transplants with an aggregate success rate of 87%, comparable to average hospital ratings in North America, as well as some of the most prestigious hospitals in Europe
Awards & Recognition
- Ranked #1 in the Middle East region
- Ranked in Top 5% of Global Medical Centres in Annual Stem Cell Transplants
- Ranked in Top 10% of Distinct World Cardiac Centers
- Holds a total of 19 accreditations including Joint Commission International Accreditation (JCI) status and Magnet Status via the American ANCC
- Recipient of 5 awards including Global Health Exchange Award and Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- First health sector organization worldwide to receive accreditation for their emergency management program in disaster management in Riyadh
*New ER building at King Faisal Specialist Hospital in Riyadh
|KFSH&RC – Riyadh||KFSH&RC – Jeddah|
To read more about King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre, or to view current vacancies at KFSH&RC, please visit our website: