Cardiac Cath Lab Assistant Head Nurse
Contributes to the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care in accordance with the American Nurses Association and Nursing Administration Scope & Standards of Practice. Assists in managing assigned nursing unit. Supervises comprehensive nursing care to comply with established standards. Contributes to the successful achievement of the Nursing Affairs strategic goals.
Education / Qualification Required:
Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is required
- Four (4) years of acute care hospital nursing experience with one (1) year leadership experience required.
- Currently working or recent experience in Cardiac Cath Lab
Current and clean license to practice as a Registered Nurse
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates expert ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care, guiding more junior staff to deliver effective patient care
- Contributes to organizational efficiency improvements
- Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction on unit and supports professional practice model
- Displays sound analytical and critical thinking ability in complex and rapidly changing situations
- Deputizes for the Head Nurse in his / her absence to ensure that there is planned, effective, day-to-day skill mix and staff management
- Ensures total patient care as assigned according to the core standards, organizational values, established policies and evidence based practices.
- Observes and evaluates nursing care effectiveness.
- Ensures that patient assignments are based on patient acuity and skill mix
- Contributes to the motivation of staff for the enhancement of patient care in a transcultural environment.
- Promotes excellent team working and interdisciplinary relationships
- Serves as a clinical and behavioral role model for staff.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and ability to problem solve. Uses hospital values to underpin decision making.
- Resolves unit related matters, including advising and counselling staff, refers to Head Nurse or Nursing Administrative designate as appropriate
- Develops and sustains own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness and maintains a professional profile.
- Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
- Supports staff nurses to identify professional practice issues and initiates changes that have a direct impact on quality patient care.
- Documents appropriately
- Provides a welcoming work environment for new staff / nursing students and ensures appropriate preceptors are made available to assist with orientation.
- Monitors and tracks individual progress. Mentors and precepts new staff as required
- Supports the recruitment of staff on unit and encourages and promotes the retention of all staff to meet the unit specific turnover rate goal.
- Contributes to increasing the number of Saudi nurses on unit
- Promotes and maintain effective communication and teamwork.
- Treats colleagues, patients and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
- Assists in preparation of performance evaluations and the ongoing clinical evaluation of all staff
- Participates in the provision of continuing education for staff
- Participates in Nursing and / or Hospital-wide committees.
- Implements policies and procedures for the unit, contributes to writing, reviewing, and / or revising annually as part of professional practice framework.
- Prepares reports and maintains records.
- Conducts and facilitates unit meetings and maintains minutes as assigned
- Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings on unit in terms of human and capital resources
- Maintains supply inventory.
- Initiates maintenance action and follows up on equipment failures
- Upholds the organizational values at all times
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures
- Participates in self and others education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.