IVT Team Assistant Head Nurse
Contributes to the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care in accordance with the American Nurses Association and Nursing Administration Scope & Standards of Practice. Assists in managing assigned nursing unit.
Education / Qualification Required:
Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
Four (4) years of acute care hospital nursing experience with one (1) year leadership experience required.
Current and clean medical license to practice in country of origin or country to practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates expert ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care, guiding more junior staff to deliver effective patient care
- Contributes to organizational efficiency improvements
- Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction on unit and supports professional practice model
- Displays sound analytical and critical thinking ability in complex and rapidly changing situations
- Deputizes for the Head Nurse in his / her absence to ensure that there is planned, effective, day-to-day skill mix and staff management
- Ensures total patient care as assigned according to the core standards, organizational values, established policies and evidence based practices.
- Observes and evaluates nursing care effectiveness. Ensures that patient assignments are based on patient acuity and skill mix
- Contributes to the motivation of staff for the enhancement of patient care in a transcultural environment. Promotes excellent team working and interdisciplinary relationships
- Serves as a clinical and behavioral role model for staff. Demonstrates leadership skills and ability to problem solve. Uses hospital values to underpin decision making.
- Resolves unit related matters, including advising and counselling staff, refers to Head Nurse or Nursing Administrative designate as appropriate
- Develops and sustains own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness and maintains a professional profile. Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position. Supports staff nurses to identify professional practice issues and initiates changes that have a direct impact on quality patient care. Documents appropriately
- Provides a welcoming work environment for new staff / nursing students and ensures appropriate preceptors are made available to assist with orientation. Monitors and tracks individual progress. Mentors and precepts new staff as required
- Supports the recruitment of staff on unit and encourages and promotes the retention of all staff to meet the unit specific turnover rate goal.
- Contributes to increasing the number of Saudi nurses on unit
- Promotes and maintain effective communication and teamwork. Treats colleagues, patients and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
- Assists in preparation of performance evaluations and the ongoing clinical evaluation of all staff
- Participates in the provision of continuing education for staff
- Participates in Nursing and / or Hospital-wide committees.
- Implements policies and procedures for the unit, contributes to writing, reviewing, and / or revising annually as part of professional practice framework.
- Prepares reports and maintains records. Conducts and facilitates unit meetings and maintains minutes as assigned
- Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings on unit in terms of human and capital resources
- Maintains supply inventory. Initiates maintenance action and follows up on equipment failures
- Upholds the organizational values at all times
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures
- Participates in self and others education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.