Central Sterile Supply Manager
We are looking for hard-working & adventurous allied Health who wish to advance their careers by joining overseas hospitals to gain international experience.
Responsible for managing all the activities of the Central Sterile Supply Department (CSSD). Plan, organize, coordinate the activities of decontamination, cleaning, assembling and packaging, sterile processing, and the storage and distribution of medical devices utilized in patient care of both inpatient and outpatient facilities. Provide advisory and consultative support to various levels of management and administrative personnel.
- Diploma Degree in Sterilization, Hospital Sterilization Management, CSSD or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- OR Recognized CSSD-related certificate by Saudi Commission for Health Specialties or International Professional Certification from International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD).
- Registration with Saudi Commission for Health Specialties – Essential
- Minimum Eight (8) years of experience in related field in a comparable health care facility/ organization, and minimum Three (3) years of which in supervisory capacity
- Current and in good Standing License/Registration to practice in country of residence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate CSSD service by maintaining 80% operational presence with CSSD Technicians, end users and support departments. Provide operational leadership to the CSSD Technicians in the assigned area of operation. Take direct and appropriate action in urgent and emergency situations.
- Ensure provision of quality-sterilized products to all end-users.
- Implement and monitor internationally accepted and item/equipment specific standards for sterilization and process control according to international standard. Monitor the unit and implement appropriate interventions to maintain a safe environment.
- Oversee the procurement of materials, supplies and equipment as required for CSSD operations.
- Ensure the proper operation of all processing equipment by providing the equipment operating manuals and written procedures and in-service training for all personnel.
- Plan, organize, implement and evaluate service, process and unit function on a daily basis Manage all resources cost effectively and assist with identification of product requirements.
- Assess the effectiveness of current standards and identify areas for improvement.
- Maintain all records pertaining to the operation of the area of assignment.
- Ensure that statistics are collected, collated and disseminated as per departmental and divisional requirements.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills when interacting with the multidisciplinary team and/or staff members of other departments. Liaise with other departments to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Ensure that the department complies with hospital infection control and safety protocols.
- Develop and coordinate a Quality Improvement Program and Safety and Infection Control activities meeting departmental, institutional and regulatory standards.
- Plan, implement and evaluate the continuing education of CSSD employees and others.
- Oversee the preventive maintenance of all processing equipment to reduce costly down time and to ensure efficient operation.
- Manage the activities and performance of staff. Monitor workload, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identify opportunities for improvement. Implement productivity standards; resolve operations problems; implement established procedures and ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations; accomplish staff job results by coaching and guiding employees; plan, monitor, and appraise job results; facilitate training.
- Perform other job related duties.