Clinical Specialist Occupational Therapy
We are looking for hard-working & adventurous allied Health who wish to advance their careers by joining overseas hospitals to gain international experience.
Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian Ministry of National Guard – Health Affairs, responsible for providing effective occupational therapy intervention at a specialized level in line with the standards of clinical practice, policies and procedures and accrediting bodies.
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Therapy or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Post graduate education in specialty area
- Registration with Saudi Commission for Health Specialties – Essential
- Minimum Five (5) years of experience position-related practical experience, 2 (two) years of which in area of specialization
- Current and in good Standing License/Registration in Occupational Therapist to practice in country of origin
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing specialty occupational therapy advice, assessment and treatment for patients in line with standards of clinical practice, policies and procedures and accrediting bodies. Coordinate the day-to-day operational workload within the defined clinical area ensuring effective and efficient patient care and service is provided.
- Assess the level of intellectual, physical, mental and social development of adult and pediatric patients and evaluate patient’s performance capacity, providing education and training to patients and families of daily living. Select and use adaptive equipment and therapeutic programs in areas of physical disability, congenital handicaps and mental dysfunction to assist in normal development patterns.
- Participate in patient home visits prior to discharge to determine supply and capacity needs for function at home. Take a principal role in providing treatment to VIP’s and patients referred from the Business Centre. Contribute to monitoring and evaluating clinical performance of team areas, supporting team members in making clinical decisions and ensuring implementation of departmental guidelines.
- Maintain comprehensive written notes on patients’ progress for review by other members of the patient care team. Liaise with medical staff to ensure the role of occupational therapy is integrated across hospital services and act as lead response for clinical divisions as appropriate. Provide key input in the development of occupational therapy guidelines, protocol and other programs in the specialty area including the continuous team in-service program.
- Review and update clinical standards of practice in specialty area ensuring alignment with national and international regulations and liaise with the Quality Improvement Specialist to develop and monitor clinical indicators for specialty area to ensure correct delivery of care.
- Comply with the Health Information System procedures utilizing appropriate methods of operation and technical requirements.
- Coordinate and contribute to the following required departmental activities: (i) Audit Processes, Quality Improvements and Emergency Training; (ii) Departmental team meetings, senior team meetings and ward rounds/ward meetings; (iii) Staff management related issues such as monthly peer audit, performance evaluation and training (including the design and coordination of training programs in the specialty area for assigned staff) as required.
- Ensure safe and efficient working equipment, reporting faults and problems through the appropriate channels.
- Perform other job related duties.