Director Clinical Nursing
Responsible to manage the services provided by the nursing personnel of a healthcare facility, their many duties include overseeing the nursing personnel and patient care, as well as administrative tasks such as record keeping and budgeting.
Education / Qualification Required:
- MS Degree in Nursing/Management from an accredited Institution
- BS Degree in Nursing from an accredited Institution
- Specific Certification as required in area of assignment
- Minimum Ten (10) years of current clinical nursing experience following registration in the country of origin
- Minimum Five (5) yeas of experience which in comparable managerial capacity
Valid and in a good Standing License as a professional Registered Nurse
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, coordinate and manage the operations and activities of the assigned Nursing departments by assuming 24-hour accountability. Oversee clinical nursing performance and priority setting underpinned by the development of policy, procedures and guidelines based on the latest evidence nursing practice to support quality and safe patient care.
- Ensure Nursing staff and all learners provide care within the nursing scope of practice, policies, procedures and established standards of patient care through advocating to meet the patient needs and clinical programs.
- Facilitates the development, implementation and evaluation of educational activities to meet the identified needs of managers, nursing and support personnel.
- Creates a culture that fosters and empowers nurses to achieve their optimal individual potential.
- Demonstrate negotiation skills, critical thinking and team building.
- Promote hospital and nursing mission and vision and demonstrate established values
- Foster collaborative relation and mutual understanding within nursing department and other healthcare personnel
- Ensures corrective actions are implemented and maintained when performance deviates from the established policies/standards
- Identify, develop, implement, evaluate and participate in Quality Management processes and activities, recognize opportunities for improvement, direct and implement change.
- Participate in teaching and mentoring of Nursing, Medical and Paramedical Students, Interns and Residents.
- Monitor workload, administrative and support systems, resolve operational problems, implement established procedures and ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations, prepare and present reports and other necessary correspondence
- Responsible for the development and administration of the department budget, forecast the funds needed for department staffing, equipment, materials and supplies, approve department expenditures and implement budgetary adjustments as appropriate and necessary
- Represent the department to other departments, coordinate assigned activities with those of other departments and outside stakeholders, if needed.
- Deputize and assume responsibilities of similar or higher positions, as and if required.
- Perform other job related duties.