RADIOGRAPHERS INCOME INFORMATION
Pay scale and benefits for radiographers working in countries in the Middle East – such as Saudi Arabia (KSA), United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Qatar – vary by hospital. Packages include: tax-free income, end of contract bonus, annual airfare allowance, free accommodation, and medical insurance to name a few. Work environment includes, less working hours, a reasonable workload and a better work-life balance.
|Administrative Category/Title||Salary Range in USD ($)||Category/Title||Salary Range in USD ($)|
|Radiographer||3,500 to 4,000||Chief Radiographer||4,500 to 7,000|
|Radiation Therapist||4,000 to 5,000||Chief Radiation Therapist||4,500 to 7,000|
|Ultrasound Technologist||4,000 to 5,000||Chief Ultrasound Tech||4,500 to 7,000|
|MRI Technologist||4,000 to 5,000||Chief MRI Tech||4,500 to 7,000|
|Nuclear Med Technologist||4,000 to 5,000||Chief Nuclear Medicine Tech||4,500 to 7,000|
A) Type / Status
Initial Contracts for physicians offered on a 12 or 24 months commitment (vary by hospital) and usually renewed annually thereafter upon both parties agreement. These contracts are usually offered in a Married Status contract and according would be eligible to bring along your dependents (a spouse and up to four children under 19 years of age), vary by hospital.
B) Contract Benefits
- Initial Hire Transportation: One-way initial hire business class airline tickets from Point of Origin for employee and eligible dependents
- Initial Hire Relocation Allowance: Depending on a hospital, an expatriate employee might receive a relocation allowance to assist in defraying the costs associated with extra luggage. This will be paid upon initial hire and payment will be based on the employee’s point of origin and contract status
- Housing: Suitable furnished accommodation (or a housing allowance) will be provided for self, spouse and eligible dependents in accordance with hospital’s policy. Locum contracts are also an option, if available.
- Initial Contract: The initial employment agreement will be for a period of either 12 or 24 consecutive months and will be renewed thereafter upon mutual agreement by the Hospital and the employee
- End of Service Indemnity: Two (2) week pay for each year of service completed
- Additional Bonuses:
- End of Contract Bonus (Nil to Four week pay) for each year of service completed (vary by hospital)
- Contract Renewal Bonus (Nil to Four week pay) for each year of service completed (vary by hospital)
C) Annual Leaves, Holidays and Other leaves
- Thirty (30) to thirty six (36) calendar days annual paid vacation (vary by hospital)
- The Annual Leave Transportation (Economy Class Round Trip Ticket) will be provided from Point of Hire to Point of Origin
- There is a standard three (3) month probationary period for all employees and an employee can book to take their vacation time once this period is over
- Employee on one-year contract will be entitled to annual leave ticket only if s/he signs a subsequent contract. Otherwise s/he will be provided with repatriation ticket only for self, spouse and eligible dependents
- Employee on two-year contract may utilize annual leave ticket for self, spouse and eligible dependents upon completion of minimum of nine months from the beginning of the said service year. In this case, if the employee resigns before the completion of contract, he will reimburse the cost of such ticket to the Hospital
- Employee on two-year contract will be entitled to annual leave ticket for self, spouse and eligible dependents for the second service year upon completing nine months from the beginning of the said service year if he signs a subsequent contract
- No ticket shall be issued before accrual as stated above
- Official Holidays (10-18 days, vary by hospital)
- Ramadan Days (5-7 days/service year)
- Haj Days (5-10 days/service year)
- National Day (1 day/service year)
- Emergency (Compassionate) Leave: In the event of the death of an employee’s natural parent, spouse of child, the employee will be entitled to three days leave with pay. For an expatriate employee or expatriate dependent employee who may be required to travel to the home country, the leave with pay is seven (7) days and the employee will be provided with round-trip economy class ticket to the employee’s point of origin. Acceptable documentary evidence should be furnished when application is made. In the absence of full documentation, employee will be required to purchase airfare and be reimbursed when full evidence is furnished immediately upon return.
D) Medical Care Benefits:
Basic medical care, including drugs and medications associated with such treatment would be provided to all employees. Emergency dental care will be provided for employees as stipulated in their employment contract.
E) Children Educational Assistance:
The policy regarding Children Education Assistance vary by hospital. Where some hospitals provide assistance for 4 children other’s don’t at all. Hence, where and when applicable hospital, will provide the education allowance, depending on their policy to: None, Two, Three or Four eligible (age group 5 to 18 years old). When applicable, this may begin for an academic/ school-year during which the dependent reaches age 4 and continue through the academic/school- year during which the child reaches age 18, or completed grade 12 whichever comes first.
Hospitals, usually, pay in the range of SR 18,000 to SR 25,000 per child per academic year. This amount may cover the 25% to 100% of the actual tuition cost, depending on school, age, grade and etc.
F) Termination / End of Contract Benefit:
The employee must inform the Hospital at least sixty calendar days prior to the effective date of the proposed termination. A resignation prior to the 240th day of the employee’s service year will be subject to a penalty equivalent to 15 days severance benefits. The length of employment will determine the benefits payable to the employee. Regular employee shall be entitled to severance benefit up to 15 days for the first four (4) years of continuous service, and 30 days for each subsequent year of continuous service.
|Working Conditions||USA/Canada||Middle East|
|Vacation Time (calendar days)||21 days||54 days|
|Working hours (average)||44 hrs||44 hrs|
|Sub Total||More quality time|
|Income (Average annual)||USA/Canada||Middle East|
|End of Contract Bonus||$00.00||$1,890 (2 week pay for each year)|
|Annual Vacation (Airfare)||$00.00||$2,000|
|Sub Total (Income)||$65,000||$48,250|
|Expenses (Average Annual)||USA/Canada||Middle East|
|Housing ($1250/month x12)||$15,000||$00.00|
|Utilities ($100 /month x12)||$1,200||$00.00|
|Living expense (grocery, etc at 10%)||$6,500||$4,925|
|Sub Total (Expense)||$46,000||$4,925|
|Package average savings||$19,000||$44,325+ More Quality Time|
*This is a sample to give you an idea when comparing offers