Currently 6 Positions opened up, looking for Respiratory Therapists that provides respiratory care as assigned. Serves as a resource to healthcare providers in relation to technical and therapeutic aspects of Respiratory Care.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Technology from North America, Western Europe, New Zealand or Australia
- Advanced Life Support Course (ACLS)
- Pediatric Life Support Course (PALS)
Minimum Two (2) Years of related experience with a Bachelor Degree
- Current and clean medical license to practice
- Respiratory Therapy Registry (RRT)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs respiratory care procedures (i. e. medical gas therapy, bland/medicated aerosol therapies,
- Bronco pulmonary hygiene) per established department policy and procedures.
- Monitors patient responses and modifies therapies based on clinical/physiologic assessments and consultation with physicians.
- Reads and evaluates physician’s orders. Applies mechanical ventilator support of patients and monitors patient’s response.
- Modifies ventilator management to meet patient needs, based on clinical assessment, physiologic
- monitoring, laboratory data and consultation with the physician.
- Performs invasive and non-invasive physiologic procedures (i. e. , blood gas analysis, TCM, EtC02, etc. ) as established policy and procedures indicate.
- Participates in the development and modification of respiratory care plans and therapeutic goals for patients with cardiopulmonary diseases.
- Provides direct assistance to the physician and Code Team in cardiac / respiratory arrest situations; with
- primary responsibilities being patient airway and blood gas analysis. Member of the Rapid Response Team.
- Provides advanced emergency airway care (i.e. intubation, tracheal suctioning, etc. ) according to approved protocols.
- Interprets basic EKG tracings and documents clinical assessment.
- Assists with pulmonary diagnostic procedures (i.e. bronchoscopy, etc. ) as necessary.
- Assists in the orientation and perception of new employees and students as assigned.
- Provides simple user-maintenance and troubleshooting of routinely used Respiratory Care equipment.
- Complies with Hospital Infection Control and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with section’s policies, procedures, protocols and quality improvement program in accordance with CBAHI, JCI, SFDA and other accreditation agencies standards.
- Ensure compliance with Radiation Safety rules and regulations of the Hospital in accordance with KACST and KA CARE and other National or International Regulatory bodies, as communicated by the Radiation Safety Officer.
- Ensure compliance with ALARA principle Role within the section practices.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and others’ education, training, and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.