Staff Nurse Oncology – Bone Marrow Transplant (LOCUM)
This is a Short term contract (90 days). An opportunity to see the place and get a feeling for it before committing to a long term contract. No Obligations and BO Commitment required. Successful candidate must mobilize at a short notice (2-3 weeks).
Education / Qualification Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical experience in Adult Oncology from North America, Western Europe, Australia or New Zealand.
- Bone Marrow Transplant Experience is a must
- Current and in Good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct patient care using the nursing process.
- Demonstrates knowledge and clinical assessment skills appropriate to the area.
- Documents nursing interactions in patients clinical record
- Supervises nursing care provided by maintaining high visibility (100% clinical presence) with staff/patients on area(s) of responsibility
- Promotes continuity of patient care through oral and written communication
- Takes direct and appropriate action in urgent and emergency situations
- Completes assigned responsibilities within established hospital, divisional and unit specific guidelines, policies and procedures, standards and protocols
- Demonstrates effective communication and collaboration skills when interacting with patients/families, other health care team members and staff of other departments
- Coordinates staff activities and acts as resource throughout shift to ensure adequate nursing and resources for patient care
- Addresses issues using the problem solving process and utilizes the nursing/medical chain of command appropriately
- Liaisons with other departments to ensure continuity of care for patients
- Maintains all records pertaining to the operation of the area of assignment and generates reports as required