Mayo Clinic - Sheikh Shakbout Medical City
One of UAE’s largest hospitals, SSMC was established as part of the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 to elevate healthcare services in the Emirate. In November 2019, SEHA (the UAE’s largest healthcare network) partnered with U.S. non-profit organization Mayo Clinic to establish a joint venture to operate SSMC. The world-class partnership reinforces SEHA’s vision for positioning Abu Dhabi as a global healthcare hub.
The new facility replaces the existing Al Mafraq Hospital, which opened in 1983 and had reached its operational capacity. Now one of the largest tertiary hospitals in UAE, this reflects SEHA’s commitment to clinical excellence and a superior patient experience. With 732 Beds, 18 Operating Theatres, 9 Delivery Rooms, 162 Outpatient Rooms, 55 rooms in the ER & 26 in the NICU, SSMC is able to provide patients with world-class medical services, cutting-edge facilities, technologies & diagnostics.
Mayo Clinic is a non-profit organization and global leader in medical care, committed to innovation in clinical practice, education, and research, and providing compassion, expertise, and answers to everyone who needs healing. It is the world’s first and largest integrated, not-for-profit medical group practice. Physicians from every medical specialty work together to care for patients. They are joined by the philosophy that the needs of the patient come first.
Departments & Services
- Bariatric Medicine and Surgery
- General surgery
- Hepato-Biliary Surgery
- Infectious disease
- Internal Medicine
- Interventional Radiology
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Neurology
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Thoracic surgery
- Vascular surgery
Centres of Excellence
- Specialized Burns Unit
- Trauma Center
- Neonatal Surgical site including Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (cdh) Repairs
- Specialized Level 3 Neonatal Unit
- Cochlear Implant
- Comprehensive Hepatobiliary Service
- Oncology Services including dedicated Gynae-oncology Service
- Multiple Unique Sub-Specialty Services Including: dedicated Hepatology Service, Pediatric Rheumatology, Allergy Clinic, Hand Surgery, and Referral Center for Pelvic Surgery
Thinking about working at this hospital? For employment details, check out each topic information below
- Healthcare Project of the Year, 2019 GCC Winner, MEED Project Awards
- Best Hospital Design, Highly Commended, 2012 Hospital Build Awards
- Mayo Clinic is ranked the No. 1 hospital in the United States by U.S. News & World Report and in the world by Newsweek
- The hospital is the first of its kind in the UAE to provide advanced burn treatment and expand access to specialty care services like orthopedic and thoracic surgery
- Usually, the hospital will provide candidates a white outfit, but they are permitted to wear colorful shirts
- The trousers should always be white.
- Candidates need to bring their own shoes for work. They need to be light colored but not necessarily white.
- The hospital provides an allowance, to rent your own accommodation.
- Located close to a range of amenities, including mosques, shops, schools, restaurants and medical facilities
- There are many local street eateries, cafes and restaurants nearby – eg Al Mafraq Restaurant, Hippo Restaurant Mabrook Restaurant, Zayzafoon, Chili’s & Zambar Restaurant are other options in Bawabet Al Sharq Mall
- 30-minute drive to Corniche Beach
- Contract, unlimited period
- Tax Free Income
- Single Status contract for Staff Nurses. Senior Nursing positions and Senior Allied Health positions may be offered on Married Status
- Airfare Ticket at beginning and end of contract
- Annual Ticket to return to point of hire or to travel anywhere (received as airfare allowance)
- Housing allowance (included in monthly income)
- Health Insurance
- Vacation 30 working days / year
- End of service award, one month base salary pay for each year completed (collected upon end of contract with facility)
Sounds like a right match?
Check out the available job opportunities for this hospital. Submit your resume today!