Associate Executive Director, Medical Services
We are looking for hard-working & adventurous administrative who wish to advance their careers by joining overseas hospitals to gain international experience.
Within the mission, vision, and values of Saudi Arabian Ministry of National Guard – Health Affairs, plan, direct, manage and oversee the assigned functions under Medical Services division. Provide highly responsible and complex operational support and advice to the Executive Director, Medical Services pertaining to the operations of the assigned service areas including operational budget and financial planning, capital equipment, manpower, and resource utilization.
- Master Degree in Health/Hospital/Business Administration or relevant discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum Eight (8) years position-related practical experience in managerial role
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume full management responsibility for the operational services and activities including planning, organizing, and directing all internal functions of the assigned service areas under Medical Services division.
- Ensure that the everyday activities related to the assigned service areas are run smoothly by setting parameters to judge how efficiently and effectively the department is operating. Manage the development and implementation of administrative goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for each assigned service area.
- Provide a well-defined strategic plan and set appropriate objectives for the development and direction of the assigned area. Recommend and implement operational plans in support of MNGHA philosophy, goals and objectives. Develop necessary programs to achieve these plans.
- Plan, direct and coordinate, through subordinate level staff, the department’s work plan including the process of the needed capital equipment requests and plans with the relevant departments; assign projects; review and evaluate work methods and procedures; meet with key staff to identify and resolve problems. Plan, organize, direct, monitor and coordinate financial matters including financial planning and budgeting.
- Audit and approve expenditures, regulations, vouchers, payroll and personnel changes and review time sheets (for overtime} and leave schedules for approval. Participate in monitoring and evaluating medical services departments’ productivity reports and recommend measures for better productivity and patient care.
- Assist in negotiations for space, funds and staffing support for Medical Services departments with the Health Affairs. Coordinate with Medical Coordination and Medical Eligibility on all issues requiring action from Medical Services. Identify the training/Continuing Education needs and arrange for appropriate programs to meet this requirement.
- Lead the activities and performance of staff. Monitor workload, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identify opportunities for improvement; direct and implement changes. Implement productivity standards; resolve operations problems; implement established procedures and ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations; accomplish staff job results by coaching, guiding, and counseling employees; plan, monitor, and appraise job results; facilitate training.
- Represent the department to other departments, coordinate assigned activities with those of other departments and outside stakeholders, if needed; and address critical/major issues affecting department functions as required.
- Chair and/or participate in meetings of Committees and Task Forces as assigned. Prepare and present reports and other necessary correspondence.
- Perform other job related duties.