Clinical Laboratory Scientist Consultant
Responsible for the administration and coordination of all activities within the Department of Pathology and laboratory Medicine.
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology from an accredited Institution from North America, Western Europe, Australia or New Zealand.
- Minimum Ten (10) years of experience in Laboratory Medicine if holding Master’s Degree.
- Minimum Twelve (12) years of experience in Laboratory Medicine if holding Bachelor’s Degree.
- Out of which three (3) years in management capacity.
- Current and clean license to practice in country/state of origin.
- Certificate as an MT (ASCP) through the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or equivalent.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and resolves technical and administrative issues associated with the professional technical staff and ancillary personnel of the Department.
- Oversees all sections of the Laboratory. Coordinates with Section Pathologist and scientist In achieving laboratory goals and mission of the Hospital.
- Directs laboratory operations In accordance with the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals. College of American Pathologist and American Association of Blood Banks standards.
- Assists the Chairman In preparation of annual and supplemental budget for the Department and with annual equipment planning, budgeting and procurement.
- Oversees laboratory capital equipment budget, reviews and recommends equipment purchases for Laboratory.
- Directs supply activities relative to receiving, rejecting, verifying, updating items used by all sections; checks the adequacy of laboratory supplies and purchasing.
- Liaises with all recruiting agencies for staffing needs of the Department Ensures that there is trained backup for all positions, particularly supervisory positions.
- Prepares performance evaluations on all technical support staff in the Department.
- Receives new employees and arranges Departmental orientation and Introduction to laboratory staff, and completes Departmental paperwork.
- Maintains liaison with other departments.
- Ensures laboratory safety and high quality of training of lab technologists and maintains appropriate continuing education program for personnel.
- Participates and contributes to quality Improvement activities.
- Establishes and maintains compliance with departmental policies related to safety, infection and environmental control.
- Participates In self and others’ education, training and development, as applicable.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.