Clinical Scientist / Associate Consultant
Plans and manages research projects independently within a specifically defined field of study, but typically part of a research program; participates in writing papers and proposals; and supervises students and trainees.
- Doctorate of Medicine (MD) from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum Six (6) years of directly related experience post-doctoral degree in an accredited institution or medical centre required.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals are required with first authorship and substantial technical and scientific contribution to the paper. The required number of publications depends on their quality measured by journal impact factor, the rank of the journal and the complexity of the subject in the field of study.
- Independent ability to write at least one (1) peer-reviewed research project as a principal investigator.
- Proven records of presenting original data at least once in a national or international meeting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements research projects related to diagnostic testing and human subjects that align within the strategic plan of the department/program and conducted according to approved protocols, good clinical practices, human subject protections, and other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Executes the results of clinical testing and diagnostic procedures.
- Builds and maintain relationships with clinical team within and outside the hospital.
- Presents scientific results of projects in National and International Scientific meetings, and participates in Research Centre seminars.
- Writes new research proposals and applies for funding and grant.
- Supervises students and trains other staff members.
- Follows all laboratory safety rules and regulations.
- Follows all Hospital’s related Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in self and others’ education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.