ICU 1 Neonatal ICU Nurse Coordinator Speciality A
Provides support and education to staff and patients in the ICU 1 Neonatal ICU Nurse Coordinator Speciality A area.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is required.
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
- Four (4) years of experience is required
- One (1) year of Nurse Coordinator experience is required
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure from country of origin
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides assessment, plan of care, and evaluation of specific patient population and provides follow up care as necessary.
- Demonstrates collaborative multi-disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care.
- Acts as a consultant to the multidisciplinary team during the patients treatment.
- Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, and protocols related to clinical specialty in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team incorporating evidence based practice.
- Evaluates and modifies as required.
- Coordinates and documents patient care utilizing the nursing care plan, medical records, teaching material, and patient teaching records.
- Documents all relevant information correctly, appropriately, and in a timely manner.
- Assists in promoting and sharing knowledge via mentorship in line with relevant research and evidence based practice.
- Develops and coordinates written and verbal educational programs for nursing staff in conjunction with Nursing Development personnel.
- Coordinates and participates in routine patient care review meetings and case conferences as required.
- Maintains records and data collection in the ICU 1 Neonatal ICU Nurse Coordinator Speciality A area.
- Develops written statistical and graphical reports indicating development and advancement towards program goals and objectives.
- Liaises with internal and external organizations in the exchange of information, bench marking, and in the coordination of activities relating to best practice in the ICU 1 Neonatal ICU Nurse Coordinator Speciality A area.
- Contributes to decreasing the length of stay/waiting time as per unit specific data.
- Participates in the promotion and maintenance of effective communication.
- Treats colleagues, patients, and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
- Contributes to the retention of all staff to meet the ICU 1 Neonatal ICU Nurse Coordinator Speciality A area specific turnover rate goal.
- Actively welcomes new staff/students to the ICU 1 Neonatal ICU Nurse Coordinator Speciality A area and participates in retention activities.
- Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/or reduction of supply inventory to head nurse or designee.
- Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings in the ICU 1 Neonatal ICU Nurse Coordinator Speciality A area.
- Maintains an awareness of resource utilization, exercising care in the ordering, and use of equipment and materials.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Contributes to special projects/assignments linked to nursing strategic priorities and professional practice model.
- Develops and sustains own knowledge, skills and professional awareness and maintains a professional profile.
- Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
- Participates in staff orientation aimed at developing competence and performance.
- Assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of nursing students and new staff to develop their competence.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned