Director Clinical Nursing – Neuroscience and Trauma Center
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic and passionate candidate whom will be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care utilizing the nursing process and meeting the established standard of nursing practice and performance.
Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian Ministry of National Guard – Health Affairs, lead, manage and oversee the activities of the assigned Nursing departments by assuming a 24-hour accountability; oversee clinical nursing performance and priority setting underpinned by the development of policy, procedures and guidelines.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Master’s Degree in Nursing/Management from an accredited institution
- Current and in Good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
- Minimum Ten (10) years of current clinical nursing experience following licensure/registration in the country of origin, Five (5) years of which in comparable managerial capacity
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, coordinate and manage the operations and activities of the assigned Nursing departments by assuming 24-hour accountability. Oversee clinical nursing performance and priority setting underpinned by the development of policy, procedures and guidelines based on the latest evidence based nursing practice to support quality and safe patient care.
- Ensure Nursing staff and all learners provide care within the nursing scope of practice, policies, procedures and established standards of patient care through advocating to meet the patient needs and clinical programs.
- Facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of educational activities to meet the identified needs of managers, nursing and support personnel.
- Create a culture that fosters and empowers nurses to achieve their optimal individual potential.
- Demonstrate negotiation skills, critical thinking and team building.
- Promote hospital and nursing mission and vision and demonstrate established values.
- Foster collaborative relation and mutual understanding within nursing department and other healthcare personnel.
- Ensure corrective actions are implemented and maintained if performance deviates from the established policies/standards.
- Identify, develop, implement, evaluate and participate in Quality Management processes and activities; recognize opportunities for improvement; direct and implement change.
- Participate in teaching and mentoring of Nursing, Medical and Paramedical students, Interns and Residents.
- Monitor workload, administrative and support systems
- Resolve operational problems
- Implement established procedures and ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Prepare and present reports and other necessary correspondence.
- Responsible for the development and administration of the department budget
- Forecast the funds needed for department staffing, equipment, materials and supplies
- Approve department expenditures and implement budgetary adjustments as appropriate and necessary.
- Represent the department to other departments, coordinate assigned activities with those of other departments and outside stakeholders, if needed.
- Deputize and assume responsibilities of similar or higher positions, as and if required.
- Perform other job related duties