Lead Nurse – Occupational Health
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic and passionate candidate whom will be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care utilizing the nursing process and meeting the established standard of nursing practice and performance.
Responsible for the development and administration of efficient and professional operations of occupational health and well-being services in accordance with CCAD policies, practices, procedures, and applicable regulations to achieve the desired goals and objectives. Assists with all aspects of health services staffing.
Education / Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Current and in Good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
- BLS is required
- Certificate of post graduate diploma in Nursing or Healthcare or Management or Administration field, Occupational Health certification is preferred
- Minimum of six (6) years clinical experience in an appropriate and relevant healthcare setting, post qualification is required
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a Senior Charge Nurse (S.C.N.) position, or minimum of three (3) years in a Charge Nurse position is required, Occupational Health experience is preferred.
- International accreditation experience is preferred
- Indication of progressive leadership, management and clinical positions is preferred
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in specialty area being managed, Occupational Health
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, counseling, problem-solving, decision-making ,team building and conflict resolution
- Ability to positively represent the practice of professional nursing and occupational health externally
- Ability to interface effectively with divergent groups (i.e., international caregivers, families, professional colleagues, physicians, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak and write in English is required
- Managerial and/or supervisory experience is required
- Ability to manage Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Electronic Medical Record and other technological tools
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Providing clinical supervision and ensuring the quality of caregiver care and best outcomes for all CCAD caregivers (employees), including contractors.
- Assures compliance with regulatory requirements related to caregiver health program management, including contractors.
- Works with other caregivers to monitor, establish, lead or evaluate required programs or services that meet regulatory requirements, such as occupational health and safety.
- Responsible to develop, secure and maintain all records, equipment and programs related to occupational health.
- Coordinates with outside of CCAD entities to meet occupational health requirements and screening programs, including VISA screening health monitoring.
- Coordinates caregiver health programs provided by CCAD such as vaccination programs and health screenings and wellbeing initiatives at CCAD and ancillary offices.
- Works in collaboration with clinic physicians and recruitment teams to evaluate the health questionnaire of prospective candidates and onboarding process health requirements.
- Assists with ergonomic assessments and participates in work related events, injury and illness evaluations and reporting, return to work rehabilitation or assessments and all meeting regulatory requirements and CCAD policy.
- Assists with caregiver injury, illness and exposures root cause assessments to identify causes and evaluate resolutions with action planning and trending.
- Develops and monitors a job-related employee injury tracking system and a return to work system in collaboration with Environment of Care guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Contributes in the design or controls for injury, illness and exposure prevention and health surveillance related to hazards in the work environment.
- Provides teaching and educational material to caregivers and/or families, which may include diagnosis, tests and procedures, safe and proper use of equipment, use of medications, and injury, illness and exposure prevention.
- Monitors and resolves customer service issues and provides feedback regarding satisfaction and organization-wide initiatives results to Division Chief, Nursing Leadership and Human Capital Leadership teams.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding caregivers and families.
- Interacts with caregivers, families and other visitors in a courteous, helpful manner
- Participates and promotes clinical nursing research and supports CCAD research initiatives.
- Keeps abreast of best practice information for occupational health team and nursing profession.
- Supports coordination and/or support to caregivers and families and other teams for emotional wellbeing programs under Caregiver Assistance program
- Assists with referrals for interdepartmental services for best caregiver health and wellbeing.
- Promotes, supports and participates in all Caregiver Wellbeing Division and Human Capital initiatives focused on achieving the optimal wellbeing and high quality of life for all caregivers.
- Maintains, manages and supervises all monthly reporting requirements per benchmark and quality performance metrics established by Human Capital, Clinical Nursing, Medical Operations and the organization.
- Promotes a workplace environment of Just Culture and Speaking Up for best safety, health and wellness of all caregivers, families and teams within the organization and ancillary facilities.
- Actively and proactively participates in any committees assigned as per job responsibilities to represent Occupational Health, Clinical Nursing and Human Capital within the organization or outside.