Liver Transplant Clinic Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Contributes to the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care. In collaboration medical and nursing staff, is responsible for accountable for the assessment, planning and implementation and evaluation of care to specific patient populations. Functions as a specialist nurse to provide support and education to staff and patients in the specific specialty areas. Contributes to the successful achievement of the Nursing Affairs Strategic Goals
Education / Qualifications Required:
- BS Degree in Nursing
- Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum Four (4) years of related hospital experience in an acute care setting including one (1) year specialty experience required.
- Experience in pediatric specialty area is a requirement
- Current and in Good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides assessment, plan of care and evaluation of specific patient population and provides follow up care as necessary
- Demonstrates collaborative multi-disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care. Acts as a consultant to the multidisciplinary team during the patients treatment
- Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures and protocols related to clinical specialty in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team incorporating evidence based practice. Evaluated and modifies as required
- Coordinates and document patient care utilizing the nursing care plan, medical records, teaching material and patient teaching records.
- Documents all relevant information correctly, appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Assists in promoting and sharing knowledge via mentorship in line with relevant research and evidence based practice.
- Develops and coordinates written and verbal educational programs for nursing staff in conjunction with Nursing Development and Saudization (ND&S) personnel
- Coordinates and participates in routine patient care review meetings and case conferences as required
- Maintains records and data collection in area of responsibility.
- Develops written statistical and graphical reports indicating development and advancement towards program goals and objectives
- Liaises with internal and external organization in the exchange of information, benchmarking and in the coordination of activities relating to best practice in clinical specialty
- Contributes to decreasing the length of stay/waiting time as per unit specific data
- Participates in the promotion and maintenance of effective communication. Treats colleagues, patients and visitors with dignity and respect at all times
- Contributes to the retention of all staff to meet the assigned area specific turnover rate foal.
- Actively welcomes new staff/students to the assigned area and participates in retention activities
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk to Supervisor using Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Complies with policies for personal and patient safety and for the prevention of healthcare associated infections
- Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/or reduction of supply inventory to Supervisor
- Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings in assigned area. Maintains an awareness of resource utilization, exercising care in the ordering and use of equipment and materials
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as assigned. Contributes to special projects/assignment linked to nursing strategic priorities and professional practice model
- Develops and sustains own knowledge skills and professional awareness and maintains a professional profile.
- Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position
- Participates in staff orientation aimed at development competence and performance.
- Assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of nursing students and new staff to develop their competence
- Participates in the development and evaluation of IPPs
- Upholds the organizational values at all times
- Follow all Hospital related policies and procedures
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development as applicable
- Performs any other related duties as assigned