Nurse Coordinator Obstetrical
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic and passionate candidate whom will be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care utilizing the nursing process and meeting the established standard of nursing practice and performance.
This job position belongs to the Women’s Health Hospital in KAMC Riyadh.
Responsible to organize treatments plans between the patient and medical team.
Education / Qualifications Required:
- MS Degree in Nursing
- BS Degree in Nursing
- Minimum Four (4) years of nursing experience if holding MS Degree including two (2) Years of Leadership Experience
- Minimum Six (6) years of nursing experience if holding BS Degree including two (2) Years of Leadership Experience
- Experience in Obstetrical is a must
- Current and in Good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct patient care using the nursing process.
- Demonstrates knowledge and clinical assessment skills appropriate to the area.
- Documents nursing interactions in patients clinical record
- Supervises nursing care provided by maintaining high visibility (100% clinical presence) with staff/patients on area(s) of responsibility
- Promotes continuity of patient care through oral and written communication
- Takes direct and appropriate action in urgent and emergency situations
- Completes assigned responsibilities within established hospital, divisional and unit specific guidelines, policies and procedures, standards and protocols
- Demonstrates effective communication and collaboration skills when interacting with patients/families, other health care team members and staff of other departments
- Coordinates staff activities and acts as resource throughout shift to ensure adequate nursing and resources for patient care
- Addresses issues using the problem solving process and utilizes the nursing/medical chain of command appropriately
- Liaisons with other departments to ensure continuity of care for patients
- Maintains all records pertaining to the operation of the area of assignment and generates reports as required
Education & Research:
- Identifies areas where staff’s clinical knowledge and skills needs development
- Assumes responsibility for own professional growth
- Works with members of health care team in activities designed to improve patient care
- Participates in teaching and mentoring of Nursing, medical and paramedical Students, Interns and Residents.
- Anticipates and acts to maintain a safe environment
- Monitors effectiveness of standards of patient care and nursing policies and procedures, reports deficiencies to Nurse Manager in a timely manner
- Complies with and participates in Quality improvement processes and activities