Nurse Manager Cardiac Operating Room
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic and passionate candidate whom will be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care utilizing the nursing process and meeting the established standard of nursing practice and performance.
Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian Ministry of National Guard – Health Affairs responsible for managing the activities and functions of the assigned nursing unit/area by ensuring continuous operations and delivery of quality nursing care are provided to achieve optimal patient outcomes in line with all relevant policies and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Equivalent from Accredited University
- Minimum 8 years current clinical nursing experience following licensure/registration, 3 years of which in specific field/area and in comparable management position
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Valve Disease (Aortic, Mitral, Pulmonary)
- Aortic Aneyrysms
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Effusion (Pleural, Pericardial)
- Heart Failure
- High Risk Cardiac Interventions
- Current and in good standard Professional Registered Nursing License to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the services and activities of the assigned nursing unit including planning, organizing, directing and evaluating the delivery of patient care and unit/clinic operational management functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and clinical skills appropriate to the area.
- Maintain a high visibility (80% clinical presence) to ensure that patient care activities are within established hospital, divisional and unit specific guidelines, policies and procedures, standards and protocols.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills when interacting with patients/families, other health care team members and staff of other departments.
- Develop and utilize professional collegial networking.
- Maintain an open door policy for unit staff.
- Coordinate teaching and mentoring of Nursing, Medical and Paramedical students, Interns and Residents.
- Work with all health care team members in activities designed for the improvement of patient care outcomes.
- Ensure provision of patient and family education based on needs assessment, readiness and discharge planning, utilizing appropriate resources.
- Identify opportunities for improvement within the unit and develop, lead, implement and participate in quality improvement processes and activities.
- Act as department liaison in nursing and or hospital committees and workgroups.
- Conduct staff performance appraisals.
- Accomplish staff job results by coaching, guiding and counseling employees. Facilitate training and professional development of staff.
- Ensure own and staff full compliance with all hospital safety precautions, maintaining an updated staff matrix of required recertification’s.
- Ensure availability and maintenance of all medical equipment and material supplies to meet operational needs within the assigned unit.
- Maintain all records pertaining to the operation of the area of assignment and generate reports as required.
- Conduct Staff meetings and maintain minutes.
- Develop work staffing plans and work schedules to ensure continued operations.
- Serve as a professional role model and resource person to nursing staff.
- Demonstrate respect, compassion and cultural sensitivity to patients/families other hospital employees, students and faculty.
- Assume responsibility for own professional growth, decisions and actions.
- Perform other duties as assigned