Nurse Supervisor – Labor & Delivery
Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian Ministry of National Guard – Health Affairs lead, manage, and oversee the activities of the assigned nursing related services/units by assuming a 24-hour accountability for the delivery of quality nursing care and overall unit management to achieve optimal patient outcome. Ensure patient care activities are within established hospital, divisional and unit specific guidelines, policies and procedures, standards and protocols, etc.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Master Degree in Nursing or equivalent from an accredited Institution
- Minimum of 9 years current clinical nursing experience, 4 years of which in specific field/area and in comparable management position
- Minimum of 7 years current clinical nursing experience, 4 years of which in specific field/area and in comparable management position
Current and in good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the operations and activities of the assigned nursing related services/units by assuming a 24-hour accountability.
- Ensure patient care activities are within established hospital, divisional and unit specific guidelines, policies and procedures, standards and protocols, etc.
- Facilitate care provided and assesses staff by maintaining high visibility (80% clinical presence) to patients/families and staff on area(s).
- Provide leadership and a resource role in the provision of patient care and other unit activities.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills when interacting with patients/families, other health care team members and staff of other departments.
- Maintains an open door communication policy for unit staff.
- Review, plan, manage and monitor the nursing related units’ budget.
- Develop and implement unit level strategic plan in line with the department’s strategic plans.
- Plan, organize, direct and evaluate the delivery of patient care and unit/clinic operational management functions.
- Participate in committees and workgroups as required.
- Maintain all records pertaining to the operation of the area of assignment and generates reports as required.
- Assess, develop and monitor the effectiveness of standards of care and nursing unit policies and procedures.
- Participate in educational and professional growth activities related to the assigned nursing related units including teaching, training verification, competency testing and continuing medical education activities.
- Participate in teaching and mentoring of Nursing, Medical and Paramedical students, Interns and Residents.
- Work with all health care team members in activities designed for the improvement of patient care outcomes.
- Develop, implement, and participate in Quality improvement processes and activities.
- Develop and utilize professional collegial networking.
- Advocates for excellence in patient care and for patient rights.
- Conduct and assess patient/family educational needs, readiness and discharge planning needs utilizing appropriate resources.
- Manage the activities and performance of staff.
- Monitor workload, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationship; identify opportunities for improvement; direct and implement changes and productivity standards; resolve operations problems; develop, modify and implement established procedures in the assigned nursing units; ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations; accomplish staff job results by coaching, guiding, and counseling employees; plan, monitor and appraise job results; facilitate training.
- Ensure a full compliance with the hospital infection control and safety protocols including maintenance and safe operation.
- Demonstrate respect, compassion and cultural sensitivity to patients/families, other hospital employees, students and faculty.
- Anticipate and act to maintain a safe environment.
- Perform other job related duties.