Nursing Quality Manager
- Identifies quality improvement outcome indicators using international bench marking standards data. Develops, implements, and evaluates Nursing’s annual performance improvement plan. Ensures the departmental plan is congruent with the hospital performance improvement plan.
- Consults, facilitates and participates in nursing and hospital-wide performance improvement activities (e.g. performance improvement projects, clinical pathways, best practice, bench marking).
- Manages quality assurance and performance improvement indicators related to nursing issues and initiatives.
- Prepares reports that support managerial decision-making for improving management, clinical and education outcomes. Tracks and trends quality data.
- Participates in the education and training of nursing and other hospital staff in performance improvement concepts, principles, methodologies, and related software programs. Assists in the evaluation of performance improvement class curriculum.
- Supports nursing and hospital accreditation activities by maintaining appropriate data, monitoring standards and regulations to identify deficiencies, and recommends activities to meet standards.
- Networks with other clinical areas to identify opportunities to improve joint issues. Assists in organizing stakeholders into work groups. Supports team activities.
- Participates on committees, task forces and teams related to the Hospital’s Performance Improvement Plan.
- Acts as an advocate for patients and families. Identify ideas that will improve the quality of patient care and issues that will negatively impact on patient care outcomes, using the professional practice framework.
- Participates through team working and collaborative partnerships in identifying and implementing solutions through evidence based practice or research to demonstrate improvements reflected in unit, divisional,organizational data and bench marks.
- Leads and coordinates the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction. Contributes to special projects/assignments linked to nursing strategic priorities and professional practice model.
- Participates in the promotion and maintenance of effective communication and teamwork. Treats colleagues, patients, and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
- Actively welcomes new staff/students to the assigned area. Contributes to the retention of all staff to meet the assigned area specific turnover rate goal. Participates in retention activities.
- Demonstrates collaborative multi-disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care.
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk across Nursing Affairs. Complies with policies for personal and patient safety and for the prevention of healthcare associated infections.
- Leads and coordinates the achievement of cost efficiency savings in assigned area. Maintains an awareness of resource utilization, exercising care in the ordering and use of staff, equipment and materials.
- Leads and coordinates the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction. Participates in Performance Improvement activities as assigned. Contributes to special projects/assignments linked to nursing strategic priorities and professional practice model.
- Develops and sustains own knowledge, skills and professional awareness and maintains a professional profile. Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
- Assists in promoting and sharing knowledge via mentorship in line with relevant research and evidence based practice.
- Participates in staff orientation aimed at developing competence and performance. Assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of nursing students and new staff to develop their competence.
- Participates in research publication and performance improvement activities.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of IPPs.
- Upholds the organizational values at all times.
- Follow all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Registered Nurse with country specific post registration program required.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure from country of origin required.
- Masters in Nursing Preferred.
- Current Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) or American Society of Quality (ASQ) certification or international equivalent required.
- Six (6) years of acute care hospital nursing experience with two (2) years in quality management or quality management related role required.