Staff Nurse Operating Room
The role holder is responsible for providing quality care to patients according to established Policies, Procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice keeping within cultural and social principles of the Kingdom under the leadership and direction of the Head Nurse. Provides appropriate delegation and clinical overseeing to registered nurses and to health care.
- BS Degree in Nursing or Equivalent from Accredited University obtained through personal attending study method (not distant learning or on-line study method)
- Minimum Two (2) years of experience on Operating Room Unit
- Current and in good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains high standards of patient care in the department/unit.
- Ensures the appropriate delegation of the care of the patients and other duties when coordinating the nursing staff.
- Undertakes a comprehensive and accurate nursing assessment of clients using suitable assessment tools underpinned by evidence based knowledge.
- Takes appropriate nursing actions in emergency situations and other situations that compromise client safety.
- Maintains patient records within agreed standards.
- Continuously evaluates the client’s progress toward expected outcomes, including treatments and provides health education in collaboration with the client and other health care professionals.
- Accepts professional responsibility for the safe custody, administration and recording of medication in accordance with organization policy and procedures.
- Accepts responsibilities for tasks delegated by Nursing Leadership, Educators.
- Adheres to the organization infection prevention and control policies and procedures and makes every effort to maintain high standards of infection control at all times.
- Demonstrates competency in the use of specific equipment related to their units e.g. monitors, ventilators, IV pumps, etc.
- Provides leadership in the interpretation and application of the philosophy and principles of nursing care in assigned area.
- In the absence of the Head Nurse, takes charge of the clinical area for management of the daily responsibilities, including work allocation, deployment and supervision of staff based upon individual patient need.
- Participates in the annual performance reviews with the line manager and contribute to the performance review of others nursing staff.
- Delegates tasks and duties in directing and coordinating activities and resources of other junior, new members of the nursing team and students by acting as a mentor/preceptor to support them to achieve their learning objectives.
- Keeps up to date with research and changing techniques or clinical development relevant to the care of clients in the clinical area.
- Participates in unit activities and continually monitors quality improvement activities to improve standards and adheres to ROPs, and other Organization policies as well as accreditation standards.
- Promotes an environment that enables client safety, independence, quality of life and wellbeing and maintains and steers the unit to encourage quality patient care and staff satisfaction by treating client, their families, friends, carers/watchers and staff with professionalism, dignity and respect at all times.
- Contribute to the achievement of cost efficiency savings of the unit and Maintains an awareness of resource utilization expressing care in the ordering and use of staff, equipment & materials.
- Contributes to decreasing the length of stay, waiting time as per unit specific goal and works in collaboration with case management and bed coordinator to achieve goal.
- Responsible for own personal safety and that of others by taking reasonable care, carrying out the requirements of the law whilst following recognized codes of practice and organization policy on health and safety.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information and must not, without prior written permission, disclose any information regarding patients or staff whether written, oral or on social media.
- Interacts effectively with patients, family and other health care team members to maintain standards of professional care to patients, families and visitors.
- Resolves problems and conflicts effectively using organizational structures and processes.
- Notifies/reports incidents related to patient, staff, visitors and any untoward occurrences.
- Complies with organization dress code policy appropriate to practice setting.
- Utilizes proper communication, verbally or in writing according to organization policy.
- Assumes all responsibilities and assignments as delegated by next in line superior (Head Nurse).
- Performs other job related duties as assigned per policy within the entity assigned.