Pediatric Medical/Surgical Nurse Manager Speciality C Ward 82&83
Within the mission, vision and values of KASCH responsible for managing the activities and functions of the Pediatric Medical/Surgical Nurse Manager by ensuring continuous operations and delivery of quality nursing care are provided to achieve optimal patient outcomes in line with all relevant policies and standards.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Equivalent from Accredited University obtained through personal attending study method (not distant learning or on-line study method)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Equivalent from Accredited University obtained through personal attending study method (not distant learning or on-line study method)
- Minimum 8 years current clinical nursing experience following licensure/registration, 3 years of which in Pediatric Medical/Surgical Nurse Manager or comparable management position
Current and in good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the services and activities of the assigned nursing unit including planning, organizing, directing and evaluating the delivery of patient care and unit/clinic operational management functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and clinical skills appropriate to Pediatric Medical/Surgical Nurse Manager.
- Maintain a high visibility (80% clinical presence) to ensure that patient care activities are within established hospital, divisional and unit specific guidelines, policies and procedures, standards and protocols.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills when interacting with patients/families, other health care team members and staff of other departments.
- Develop and utilize professional collegial networking.
- Maintain an open door policy for unit staff.
- Coordinate teaching and mentoring of Nursing, Medical and Paramedical students, Interns and Residents.
- Work with all health care team members in activities designed for the improvement of patient care outcomes.
- Ensure provision of patient and family education based on needs assessment, readiness and discharge planning, utilizing appropriate resources.
- Identify opportunities for improvement within the unit and develop, lead, implement and participate in quality improvement processes and activities.
- Act as department liaison in nursing and or hospital committees and workgroups.
- Conduct staff performance appraisals.
- Accomplish staff job results by coaching, guiding and counseling employees. Facilitate training and professional development of staff.
- Ensure own and staff full compliance with all hospital safety precautions, maintaining an updated staff matrix of required recertification’s.
- Ensure availability and maintenance of all medical equipment and material supplies to meet operational needs within the assigned unit.
- Maintain all records pertaining to the operation of the area of assignment and generate reports as required.
- Conduct Staff meetings and maintain minutes.
- Develop work staffing plans and work schedules to ensure continued operations.
- Serve as a professional role model and resource person to nursing staff.
- Demonstrate respect, compassion and cultural sensitivity to patients/families other hospital employees, students and faculty.
- Assume responsibility for own professional growth, decisions and actions.
- Perform other duties as assigned