Staff Nurse Labor and Delivery
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic and passionate candidate whom will be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care utilizing the nursing process and meeting the established standard of nursing practice and performance.
This job position belongs to the Women’s Health Hospital in KAMC Riyadh.
Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian Ministry of National Guard – Health Affairs, in close collaboration with medical and other healthcare team members demonstrates advanced nursing knowledge and applies this knowledge to the assessment, diagnosis, delivery and design of nursing care and interventions in the Labor and Delivery Unit. Function under a collaborative management model where Medicine and Nursing jointly participate in decisions.
- Bachelor degree in Midwifery; and/or Bachelor degree in Nursing and post-graduate Diploma in Midwifery (on which there is no Bachelor degree in Midwifery in her own country).
- Minimum Two (2) years of clinical experience post qualification
- Minimum One (1) year in Labor and Delivery area
- Current and in good Standing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the leadership of the Head Nurse/Charge Nurse provides professional midwifery care to patients within an assigned hospital unit, according to established standards and practice.
- Utilizes the midwifery process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care in accordance with established Policies and Guidelines; provides guidance, direction and coordination for assigned personnel in activities directed towards standards of patient care, safety and Infection Control.
- Provides advanced midwifery care to a wide range of seriously ill patients with medical, surgical and developmental conditions regardless of their age and to provide support to the patient as well as the family.
- Assesses, recognizes emergency situations and initiates quick and appropriate midwifery interventions that may include initiating Basic Life Support and mobilizing rapid and emergency response team.
- To provide midwifery care based on patients’ needs relative to physical and mental comfort, positioning, hygiene, nutrition and hydration, bowel and bladder elimination, care of skin and wounds, support of respiration, communication and other physical and mental bodily function as required.
- Performs a variety of supportive and technical midwifery skills and utilizes a range of equipment, supplies, medications, treatments, monitoring techniques and other diagnostic, therapeutic and supportive measures in carrying out medical orders.
- Plans and provides patient and family education, relative to their understanding of the illness and treatment. Collaborates with other healthcare team members to develop the patient education plan.
- Reports any significant change in patients’ condition to appropriate senior nurse and/or responsible Physician.
- Participates in environmental safety awareness such CPR, Disaster, Fire and Infection Control.