Staff Nurse Medical Surgical Wound Care Nurse
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic and passionate candidate whom will be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care utilizing the nursing process and meeting the established standard of nursing practice and performance.
Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian Ministry of National Guard – HealthAffairs responsible for managing the activities and functions of the assigned nursing unit/area byensuring continuous operations and delivery of quality nursing care are provided to achieve optimal patient outcomes in line with all relevant policies and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Minimum Two (2) years of clinical experience post qualification
- Minimum One (1) year in Medical Surgical Wound Care Nurse Area
- Current and in good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides assessment, plan of care, and evaluation of specific patient population and provides follow up care as necessary.
- Demonstrates collaborative multi-disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care.
- Acts as a consultant to the multidisciplinary team during the patients treatment.
- Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, and protocols related to clinical specialty in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team incorporating evidence based practice.
- Evaluates and modifies as required.
- Coordinates and documents patient care utilizing the nursing care plan, medical records, teaching material, and patient teaching records.
- Documents all relevant information correctly, appropriately, and in a timely manner.
- Assists in promoting and sharing knowledge via mentorship in line with relevant research and evidence based practice.
- Develops and coordinates written and verbal educational programs for nursing staff in conjunction with Nursing Development personnel.
- Coordinates and participates in routine patient care review meetings and case conferences as required.
- Maintains records and data collection in the Medical/Surgical Patient Care Technician area.
- Develops written statistical and graphical reports indicating development and advancement towards program goals and objectives.
- Liaises with internal and external organizations in the exchange of information, bench marking, and in the coordination of activities relating to best practice in the Medical/Surgical Patient Care Technician area.
- Contributes to decreasing the length of stay/waiting time as per unit specific data.
- Participates in the promotion and maintenance of effective communication.
- Treats colleagues, patients, and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
- Contributes to the retention of all staff to meet the assigned area specific turnover rate goal.
- Actively welcomes new staff/students to the Medical/Surgical Patient Care Technician area and participates in retention activities.
- Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/or reduction of supply inventory to head nurse or designee.
- Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings in the Medical/Surgical Patient Care Technician area.
- Maintains an awareness of resource utilization, exercising care in the ordering, and use of equipment and materials.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Contributes to special projects/assignments linked to nursing strategic priorities and professional practice model.
- Develops and sustains own knowledge, skills and professional awareness and maintains a professional profile.
- Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
- Participates in staff orientation aimed at developing competence and performance.
- Assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of nursing students and new staff to develop their competence.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned