Staff Nurse – Outpatient Clinic
Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian Ministry of National Guard – Health Affairs, in close collaboration with medical and other healthcare team members demonstrates advanced nursing knowledge and applies this knowledge to the assessment, diagnosis, delivery and design of nursing care and interventions in the Outpatient Clinic. Function under a collaborative management model where Medicine and Nursing jointly participate in decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Minimum Two (2) years of clinical experience post qualification
- Minimum One (1) year in Outpatient Clinic
Current and in good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate advanced nursing knowledge and clinical competence in the Outpatient Clinic.
- Act as an advisor and resource person within the Outpatient Clinic.
- Work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team within the remit of the Registered Nurse (RN) license, to provide advanced nursing care, including nurse led clinics.
- Act as an advisor and resource person for current evidence-based nursing practice information in the
- Demonstrate excellent communication and collaboration skills with patients, their families and all members of the healthcare team.
- Function as a patient advocate.
- Maintain documentation and record keeping that verify activities according to department guidelines.
- Maintain confidentially of all records, reports and results related to the Outpatient Clinic.
- Act as an expert educational resource for clinical staff and actively participate in teaching and mentoring of nursing, and multidisciplinary team in the Outpatient Clinic.
- Participate in research activities and ensure dissemination of relevant researches and best practice guidelines.
- Assess patient/family educational needs and readiness to learn, and patient/family discharge planning needs utilizing appropriate resources.
- Demonstrate respect, compassion and cultural sensitivity to patients/families, other hospital employees, students and faculty.
- Advocate for excellence in patient care and patient rights.
- Lead and participate in the development of nursing initiatives or educational program that are aimed at improving patient quality and experience.
- Undertake clinical audit and clinical research that contribute to the development of knowledge and enhancement of nursing practice.
- Comply with and participate in Quality Improvement Projects and activities.
- Maintain infection control measures.
- Participate in the evaluation of systems and programs to maximize patient outcomes and cost effectiveness in the Outpatient Clinic.
- Make recommendation for changes based on evidence-based practice and practice guidelines.
- Lead, develop and review policies, procedure, clinical practice guidelines and provide recommendations for system development.
- Serve as a professional role model, consultant and educator.
- Develop and utilize professional collegial networking, hospital employees, students and faculty.
- Assume responsibility for own actions, decisions and behaviors.
- Demonstrate initiative in the performance of duties requiring a minimum amount of supervision or guidance.
- Perform other job related duties.