Director Heart Centre
This is a unique executive vacancy for a Director Heart Centre at one of the most prestigious Health Systems in one of the GCC Countries (Bahrain, Saudi Arabia , United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait). The role requires to be responsible for the overall leadership, and strategic direction of the Heart Centre. The development and implementation of the administrative and operational policies and procedures which promote delivery of world class cardiovascular health care. It is a challenging opportunity to make a difference in the life of the community this health system serves
- ALL Education MUST have been obtained from North America only (USA or Canada)
- Graduation from an accredited medical school, completion of required period of training in Cardiology specialty and/or subspecialty, with American Board certification or FRCPC from Canada.
- Must have current License in Good Standing to practice independently in USA or Canada
- This Health System requires experience MUST have been obtained at one of the best 50 health systems in North America (Canada / USA)
- Minimum Eleven (11) years of training in specialty and subspecialty plus postgraduate training experience must be equal to or exceed seven (7) years’ experience in the subspecialty.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, continuously monitors and updates as necessary goals, objectives, policies and procedures and other official documents related to the Heart Centre.
- Provides leadership and direction to Section Heads, Physicians and medical students in the Heart Centre. Conducts timely performance appraisals and implements corrective action or instruction if required.
- Collaborates with leaders in other departments and services to advance the strategic plan of the Health System.
- Takes a leading role in developing programs, protocols and service delivery models to provide the best patient care.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of emerging trends in cardiovascular care as well as knowledge of significant advances in relevant technology and research.
- Responds to emerging trends in cardiovascular care by implementing technology and innovating programs to meet requirements.
- Ensures ongoing compliance with member associations and accreditations. Monitors and responds to benchmarks with international associations and key performance indicators with accreditation bodies.
- Monitors and responds to internal measures of quality performance and patient satisfaction by identifying areas of strength and opportunities for improvement. Initiates appropriate measures for quality improvement and ensures timely monitoring and measurement of performance.
- Ensures the times preparation of annual operating budget for all assigned services/functions, monitors and keeps expenditures within budget.
- Ensures effective and efficient utilization of resources and that it’s directed towards the accomplishments of the Department approved mission, goals and objectives.
- Fosters a culture of active and enthusiastic recruitment as well as an environment which supports staff retention.
- Supports and promotes research activities and Continuing Medical Education Programs within the Heart Centre.
- Serves as an ambassador for the Heart Centre in local, regional and international forums and is the senior representative for the Heart Centre internally.
- Communicates with excellence; builds relationships and partnerships; develops and executes strategic, financial and operational plans; results-oriented; strongly academic-minded; and values-based and empowering style of leadership.
- Follows all Hospital’s related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self-and others’ education, training and development as applicable.