Director Cancer Centre of Excellence
This is a unique executive vacancy for a Director Cancer Centre of Excellence at one of the most prestigious Health Systems in one of the GCC Countries (Bahrain, Saudi Arabia , United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait). The role requires to Plan coordinate, supervise, direct and monitor the Cancer Centre of Excellence (CCoE) overall activities and functions. Oversees administrative operations and all the activity of the CCoE. It is a challenging opportunity to assist the Director to make a difference in the life of the community this health system serves.
- ALL Education MUST have been obtained from North America only (USA or Canada)
- Graduation from an accredited medical school, completion of required period of training in Oncology specialty and/or subspecialty, with American Board certification or FRCPC from Canada.
- Must have current License in Good Standing to practice independently in USA or Canada
- This Health System requires experience MUST have been obtained at one of the best 50 health systems in North America (Canada / USA)
- Minimum Eleven (11) years of training in specialty or subspecialty plus postgraduate training experience must be equal to or exceed seven (7) years’ experience in the subspecialty.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, continuously monitors and updates as necessary goals, objectives, policies and procedures and other official documents related to the CCoE.
- Provides leadership and direction to Section Heads, Physicians and medical students in the CCoE, and conducts timely performance appraisals and implements corrective action or instruction if required.
- Takes a leading role in developing programs, protocols and service delivery models to provide the best patient care.
- Ensures the times preparation of annual operating budget for all assigned services/functions, monitors and keeps expenditures within budget.
- Ensures effective and efficient utilization of resources and that it’s directed towards the accomplishments of the Department approved mission, goals and objectives.
- Ensures staff skill and competence levels are continually reviewed and developed to meet the immediate and future needs of the organization through a comprehensive and needs focused education plan.
- Collaborates with leaders in other departments and services to advance the strategic plan of the Hospital.
- Monitors and understand staff satisfaction drivers and actively implements and promotes initiatives which prevent the loss of quality staff.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work positively within a team to achieve team goals and excellence in care/service delivery.
- Serves as an ambassador for the CCoE in local, regional and international forums and is the senior representative for the CCoE internally.
- Follows all Hospital’s related Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in self and others’ education, training and development, as applicable.