Executive Financial Officer
This is a unique executive vacancy for a Executive Financial Officer at one of the most prestigious Health Systems in one of the GCC Countries (Bahrain, Saudi Arabia , United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait). The role requires to Plans, directs, organizes and coordinates the overall activities and functions of assigned services/functions to achieve its mission, goals and objectives and to enhance its existing systems, process and productivity. It is a challenging opportunity to assist the CFO making a difference in the life of the community this health system serves
- A PhD or a Master’s or a Bachelor’s Degree in Administrative Sciences major in Accounting or in any other related discipline.
- When holding a PhD, then a Minimum of Seven (7) years of related experience
- When holding a Master’s Degree, then a Minimum of Ten (10) years of related experience
- When holding a Bachelor’s Degree, then a of Minimum Twelve (12) years of related experience out-of-which Five (5) years as Deputy CFO or higher required.
- Computer literacy required
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in developing, implementing, continuously monitoring and updating as necessary the Division’s mission, goals, objectives, policies and procedures and other official documents for this health system
- Assumes the duties of the Executive Financial Officer in his/her absence.
- Assists in the preparation of annual operating budget for all assigned services/functions, and monitors and keeps expenditures within budget.
- Monitors the assigned work, established priorities, monitors performance and submits periodical clear and concise administrative and financial reports for all assigned services/functions. Ensures that all transactions processed through all assigned services are authentic and are in accordance with Hospital policies, procedures and government regulations as applicable.
- Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery process, assess and monitors work load, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships, identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in selecting, recruiting, training and evaluating assigned personnel. Establishes and maintains a positive working environment to implement policies, correct deficiencies and implements disciplinary procedures.
- Maintains collaborative and effective relationships with other key management personnel and keeps abreast of significant economic, social and technical trends, and regulatory guidelines, which may influence assigned functions/services and/or this health system.
- Chairs and/or serves ad member of committees/task forces as assigned.
- Assists with the initiated budget call. Collects and review budget submission. Formulates budget request for the MOA approval. Coordinates the preparations of budget allocations. Ensures that expenditures are within the allocated budget. Develops and implements budget controls that confirm with MOF Instructions. Investigates variances and recommends solutions.
- Assists in directing the collection of revenue and outstanding receivables. Directs the employees’ monthly payroll process and ensures a timely disposition and settlement of all Health systems liabilities with the available budget.
- Assists in maintaining and updating the Health system charts of accounts and the preparation of financial statements at the institutional level, prepares and analysis with recommendations and conclusions for management.
- Provides recommendations for strategic direction on fiscal policy matters to maintain and enhance the financial health of the Health system. Directs the Health System insurance program. Keeps and maintains annual inventory records of all Health System properties and assets.
- Follows all related Health System policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and others’ education, training and development as applicable